Home Screen apps and widgets disappearing after reboot???

ClickClack911

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Weird problem that just started today I believe... I manually updated last night (I think), and now some apps are running not so smoooth, like ebuddy I'm not getting all my messages right away... so this has hapend a few times today and I reboot the phone... when it turns back on, my (dxtop) home screens are blank and I have to put all the widgets and apps back in place... very annoying... any help????

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Some apps may be effected by the 2.0.1 update... may have to wait until the developers push out some updates.

ClickClack911

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I can understand that.. makes sense.... how about the apps disappearing like that though? Anyone else experiencing this??? (Hope I'm not the only one!)

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I have not heard of apps disappearing. Perhaps you should perform a factory reset and see if the issue goes away.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It has happened to me with dxtop. But hasn't happened in awhile. I've upgraded and haven't seen it sincem Probably just a bug. If it happens all the time then possibly dxtop is conflicting with some other app you are running

jlye834

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
It happened to me once when I did a battery pull (old Storm 1 habits). Anyways, when the phone turned on, all my home screen apps disappeared. I was using dxTop and I had it fully customized so when everything was gone I was PISSED. But, all I had to do was force stop dxTop and restart it.

ClickClack911

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The comments and help is much appreciated! I never thought I'd be so in love w a phone!!!

Anyway, an update to this weird problem: today I noticed my phone was super laggy... then noticed theyoutube widget I decided to stop using was back on one of the screens... removed it, then had to remove it two more times for it to be gone... then realized all the rest of home screen widgets n apps were stacked 4 deep on top of each other. Soooo the apps/widgets came back last night w a vengeance.. just had to remove the layers of them! Weird..

jlye834

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The comments and help is much appreciated! I never thought I'd be so in love w a phone!!!

Anyway, an update to this weird problem: today I noticed my phone was super laggy... then noticed theyoutube widget I decided to stop using was back on one of the screens... removed it, then had to remove it two more times for it to be gone... then realized all the rest of home screen widgets n apps were stacked 4 deep on top of each other. Soooo the apps/widgets came back last night w a vengeance.. just had to remove the layers of them! Weird..

That happened to me! Sorry I forgot to mention it before.

berx

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Yea I was a little frustraded too, got a little nervous...a lot of my stuff was screwed up, contacts were gone, missing/dead apps, etc...had to do minor put backs of apps, I'm kind of annoyed of the principal because what if I had my phone SUPER customized, the phone would have been super jumbled in addition, I had to go to Verizon to get my 837 contacts put back on,,,,that GOOGLE didn't back up. So far the update seems to be a good turn out, noticed some cool changes. ..they should really send a BRIEF list of what was updated or tweeked, so at least we would be prepared any fishy businesswe come across.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital