Droid or wait for ?????????????
12-14-2009 01:21 AM
- Have the Storm 1 now. ready to upgrade.
right now want the Motorola Droid. Heard of the new phones coming out soon that are supposed to be better. Saw the HTC leak. other than processor, nothing seemed much better.
I like the slide out keyboard on the Droid. Yes I wish is was a better keyboard. but doesn't look like anyone is coming out with a better one for Verizon/Android.
Anyone hear of a verizon / android phone with a physical keyboard coming out?
Jon12-10-2009 10:51 PM
- 12-10-2009 11:03 PM
- 12-11-2009 12:01 AM
- Technology is a constantly evolving and expanding industry. There is always going to be the next best and great device, and that goes for everything. No matter what phone, TV, car, video game you buy, there's always going to be something coming out in the near future that will be "better". Go for the Droid man, it's a great device!12-11-2009 08:28 AM
- I have a droid and love it, but I was thinking of waiting for the N900 by Nokia. It seems to do almost everything the droid does and has some extra features like merging with outlook that I liked. I picked the Droid based on timing, google maps and sliding keyboard (which N900 also has). Plus verizon is clear choice in my market. I think in the end, you need to determine what you are using it most for. There's enough phones out there that have small enough differences that will make your choice for you.12-11-2009 08:41 AM
- Technology is a constantly evolving and expanding industry. There is always going to be the next best and great device, and that goes for everything. No matter what phone, TV, car, video game you buy, there's always going to be something coming out in the near future that will be "better". Go for the Droid man, it's a great device!12-11-2009 09:00 AM
- I used blackberry for some years and after having the Droid ill never look back. Sure it is a toy as some call it but it is very much a business tool along with many other features. Not much is going to come to Verizon that will top it anytime soon. I'd would dive right in and join us!!12-11-2009 09:56 AM
- I also came from a storm 1 and I actually really liked it a lot. I was nervous about switching but went ahead and did it. and WOW am I glad I did, this phone is like night and day compared to the storm. The storm feels like a pocket calculator vs. the droid. I would recommend 100% you getting this phone.12-11-2009 03:48 PM
- Everyone on this forum will tell you to get the Droid. Best thing you can do is go into a VZW store, spend an hour or two playing with it, walk up to the CS service Rep and ask him for a Droid, car dock and media dock. If you so this (step by step) you will add years to your life and become rich within the next two years.12-11-2009 04:18 PM
- 12-11-2009 09:41 PM
- After trying the HTC Pro2 (sent it back in 2 weeks, did'nt like the keyboard) HTC Imagio (sent it back in 6 days - broke) I was going to hold out for the next new HTC - I really liked the HTC user Interface and phone feel, but wanted Android 2.0 (weak effort Microsoft 6.5). I waited, watching the alerts - The newer phone may not come out for months (Verizon). THEN, I saw how customizable the 2.0 Android actually is! Down-loadable UI's that you can change between (I like Home++ for now), tons upon tons of Apps that are actually great!
Don't wait any longer - the Droid is excellent. I got mine with the plain to play with it then send it back within the 30 days, but its not going to happen - it's a keeper!12-11-2009 10:20 PM
- thanks for all the input everyone!
I have went and played with the droid at the store when it first came out. I really do like it.
I use my storm 1 for business and personal.
I do need to be able to open, view and edit microsoft office software like excell, and word. as well as at least view PDF files. the demo unit in the verizon store didn't have these apps. but the salesperson (s) said it would do all that. no offence to anyone, but I don't 100% trust sales people. there were three different sales people that came up and talked with me, in the 45 min that I was there. I told each of them that I was not going to purchase that day. Each one talked to me about the storm vs. Droid, and each one said something (don't remember what, not important) that was not true about the Storm. then they had a manager come talk to me, while all three of them stood next to her. was pretty comical, really. somehow the manager new my name...I don't think I told anyone my name, and didn't sign in either. I aske her how she knew my name...she said she had "ESPN". she was serious too...lol.
I'm sure they are just trying to make as many sales as possible. but, they are not going to do it by not knowing less than the consumer, and making stupid comments.
anyway, thanks for the opinions. I want to go today and get the Droid. Really the only thing holding me back now is the idea of verizon offering a deal right before xmas.
Jon12-12-2009 10:31 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Motorola Droid
Droid or wait for ?????????????
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD