Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default Droid or wait for ?????????????

Have the Storm 1 now. ready to upgrade.

right now want the Motorola Droid. Heard of the new phones coming out soon that are supposed to be better. Saw the HTC leak. other than processor, nothing seemed much better.

I like the slide out keyboard on the Droid. Yes I wish is was a better keyboard. but doesn't look like anyone is coming out with a better one for Verizon/Android.

Anyone hear of a verizon / android phone with a physical keyboard coming out?

Jon

There's always something newer / faster / cheaper / better if you wait.

The Droid is a great phone and even more than that, a great mobile computing device. It will be oodles and gobs better than the Storm.

true....doesnt matter what u buy,there will be something prettier,faster,smoother,and more expensive in six months....but the droid is king right now. and i dont see anything coming soon thatll give it a run. do the droid.

Quote Originally Posted by droidweasel View Post
    true....doesnt matter what u buy,there will be something prettier,faster,smoother,and more expensive in six months....but the droid is king right now. and i dont see anything coming soon thatll give it a run. do the droid.
    Ditto. Especially one that will be a slide out keyboard and this thin. Seems like most of the new devices Android is releasing is all touchscreen.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

thanks for the opinions!
    I am feeling the same. hard to let the money go right now, and the two year contract makes me analyze it to death. got to get away from this storm.

Global Posts
    761 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1029 View Post
    thanks for the opinions!
    I am feeling the same. hard to let the money go right now, and the two year contract makes me analyze it to death. got to get away from this storm.
    Pay the extra $70 and get the phone on a one year contract. That way you can upgrade at a discounted price in 10 months

Get it as fast as you can. The quicker you get it, the quicker you can get the next great device.y

If you wait, when the next new device comes out wont you be in the same perdicament? Maybe something newer next month. At some point you just have to jump in.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Technology is a constantly evolving and expanding industry. There is always going to be the next best and great device, and that goes for everything. No matter what phone, TV, car, video game you buy, there's always going to be something coming out in the near future that will be "better". Go for the Droid man, it's a great device!

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

I have a droid and love it, but I was thinking of waiting for the N900 by Nokia. It seems to do almost everything the droid does and has some extra features like merging with outlook that I liked. I picked the Droid based on timing, google maps and sliding keyboard (which N900 also has). Plus verizon is clear choice in my market. I think in the end, you need to determine what you are using it most for. There's enough phones out there that have small enough differences that will make your choice for you.

Droid! Get it! I love mine, incredible phone.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKerrigan View Post
    Technology is a constantly evolving and expanding industry. There is always going to be the next best and great device, and that goes for everything. No matter what phone, TV, car, video game you buy, there's always going to be something coming out in the near future that will be "better". Go for the Droid man, it's a great device!
    Well TV is like every 4-5 years (nothing special) and videogame systems are usually 2-3 years but phones are fast, I am going to get te droid because the next upgrade probably won't have a keyboard :/

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

I turned in my storm 1 and havnt looked back... personally I think you would be insane to hate this device.

The Sony Ericsson X3 looks pretty bad-assed, provided they get it running right, which it seems they have/will. But then you have to suck the cold teat of ATT service for any little drop of service they can provide you.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I used blackberry for some years and after having the Droid ill never look back. Sure it is a toy as some call it but it is very much a business tool along with many other features. Not much is going to come to Verizon that will top it anytime soon. I'd would dive right in and join us!!

I had a Storm 1 - and the damn thing drove me crazy most of the time. First chance to jump ship to the Droid, I took it. It was a GREAT way to part with $$, and I haven't looked back (except to sell the Storm to someone else).

Depends on what you will use your phone for... I love my droid, the internet is fast, keyboard is really nice feature to have. You can do alot with the phone and google maps is amazing..
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

If you want a large screen I would say get the Droid. I kept my tour just in case and haven't looked at it since.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

I absolutely love this phone! Are there bugs? Sure! But none of them are deal breakers for me. I kept my Storm 1 for when I travel abroad for work.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

I also came from a storm 1 and I actually really liked it a lot. I was nervous about switching but went ahead and did it. and WOW am I glad I did, this phone is like night and day compared to the storm. The storm feels like a pocket calculator vs. the droid. I would recommend 100% you getting this phone.
    Roy Aguilera

Everyone on this forum will tell you to get the Droid. Best thing you can do is go into a VZW store, spend an hour or two playing with it, walk up to the CS service Rep and ask him for a Droid, car dock and media dock. If you so this (step by step) you will add years to your life and become rich within the next two years.

Simply put....Droid does. Came from Storm 1. And was a loyal BB user for years. Mastered everything.

Can't imagine ever going back. I would even laugh at the Iphone vs. this baby.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCerv View Post
    Simply put....Droid does. Came from Storm 1. And was a loyal BB user for years. Mastered everything.

Can't imagine ever going back. I would even laugh at the Iphone vs. this baby.
    I was using my iPod Touch the other day, and I took one look at the screen and thought I was going to vomit. The resolution, compared to the Droid looks down right awful.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

After trying the HTC Pro2 (sent it back in 2 weeks, did'nt like the keyboard) HTC Imagio (sent it back in 6 days - broke) I was going to hold out for the next new HTC - I really liked the HTC user Interface and phone feel, but wanted Android 2.0 (weak effort Microsoft 6.5). I waited, watching the alerts - The newer phone may not come out for months (Verizon). THEN, I saw how customizable the 2.0 Android actually is! Down-loadable UI's that you can change between (I like Home++ for now), tons upon tons of Apps that are actually great!

Don't wait any longer - the Droid is excellent. I got mine with the plain to play with it then send it back within the 30 days, but its not going to happen - it's a keeper!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

thanks for all the input everyone!

I have went and played with the droid at the store when it first came out. I really do like it.
    I use my storm 1 for business and personal.
    I do need to be able to open, view and edit microsoft office software like excell, and word. as well as at least view PDF files. the demo unit in the verizon store didn't have these apps. but the salesperson (s) said it would do all that. no offence to anyone, but I don't 100% trust sales people. there were three different sales people that came up and talked with me, in the 45 min that I was there. I told each of them that I was not going to purchase that day. Each one talked to me about the storm vs. Droid, and each one said something (don't remember what, not important) that was not true about the Storm. then they had a manager come talk to me, while all three of them stood next to her. was pretty comical, really. somehow the manager new my name...I don't think I told anyone my name, and didn't sign in either. I aske her how she knew my name...she said she had "ESPN". she was serious too...lol.
    I'm sure they are just trying to make as many sales as possible. but, they are not going to do it by not knowing less than the consumer, and making stupid comments.

anyway, thanks for the opinions. I want to go today and get the Droid. Really the only thing holding me back now is the idea of verizon offering a deal right before xmas.

Jon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast