2.0.1 battery drain?

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
ok i was up late last night messing with my droid,market,websites,etc. etc. ok,i went to bed about 2, half power on my phone. woke up this a.m. and it was flashing, almost dead. heres the list of apps i have...pda net,dolphin,sms popup,dxtop,astro,quick uninstaller,airattack,downloadcrutch,tastkiller,speedtest. anyone out there having same problem? are any of these apps drain killers?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use dolphin, dxtop, and taskiller and have not seen any changes to my battery life. Maybe your browser was open on something that drained your battery.

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
ya i have been having probs with dolphin. that could be. i dont like the pinch and zoom. it
was the first night i didnt plug it in so it freaked me out.
u get ur phone figured out choco?
also love ur new look mclarry, i miss probert. lol

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
did you check the battery usage on the phone to see if any apps stand out as the culprit? That should tell you if it is indeed an app.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
you'd think that if the screen goes to sleep and dolphin was active before it did, that it would not remain running. I'm not sure what purpose the browser has in that idle state, unlike something like an IM client that you always want to receive notificaitons for. I think i'll run a test now and see if dolphin taxes the system while asleep.

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
you'd think that if the screen goes to sleep and dolphin was active before it did, that it would not remain running. I'm not sure what purpose the browser has in that idle state, unlike something like an IM client that you always want to receive notificaitons for. I think i'll run a test now and see if dolphin taxes the system while asleep.

some sites will auto refresh (MSNBC for one) if the browser was left open it may have done a refresh say every 20 min or so.

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
only thing i changed was for it not to sleep,but thats while charging.i also changed my screen timeout to 10 minutes. thats the only physical changes i made yesterday.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm using WWD to and haven't had any problems since the update just like you.

After using the Lions picture anything would have looked better even a pic of the S1 lol

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
ya i have been having probs with dolphin. that could be. i dont like the pinch and zoom. it
was the first night i didnt plug it in so it freaked me out.
u get ur phone figured out choco?
also love ur new look mclarry, i miss probert. lol

Yes. I have a brand new phone. All is well ~

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I had almost exactly the opposite happen. My battery was getting such good life out of it I stopped using the task killer to see how it would work out. It's much improved. That goes without saying though, pre-update my phone would drain overnight in standby. It doesn't do that anymore without even killing tasks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma