How do you Theme a stock Droid that is rooted?

slagg3r

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure im in the right space for this but , i want to theme my droid i just rooted it today so no roms just stock 2.2 frg22d WITH ROOT.

Now i want to keep stock just add themes to it is there a guide on this or can someone here walk me thru it?

thanks in advance

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
1. Download ROM Manager from the Android market
2. go here and choose a theme.
3. save the zip file to your SD card
4. Open ROM Manager and select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
5. In ROM manager, select "Backup Current ROM". this will allow you to go back to stock if you want to change/remove your theme.
6. once the phone reboots, open ROM manager again and select "Reboot into recovery"
7.use the D-pad to navigate to "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" and choose the file for the theme you downloaded.
8. reboot normally.
9. Enjoy.

that certainly is not the ONLY way to do it, but i think it is the easiest.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
You could also use Metamorph themes. I have a list of them in the Droid Hacks forum. Titled Metamorph Locker Room. Everything you need to know is there.

slagg3r

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
so i basically have to install something like bugless beast or Cynangon Mod ( spelling ?) in order to theme? because everything i see for a theme says that i need to have bugless beast or CM . or can i just download one of roberj13s themes since in rom mananger it dosnt list as needing a rom ?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Go down to where you see Metamorph themes. You do not have to have one of those ROMs.

The second post contains the Metamorph themes.

slagg3r

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
remember im on stock frg22d but with root and these arnt saying that they will even work with that because i really like this dark cherry one i fount but im not sure it will work with what i have

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
would i be better off just installing cm or bugless beast?

i don't see why you wouldn't want to give Bugless a shot if you like stock Froyo. it doesn't change the look of the phone 1 bit, just optimizes performance and allows you to remove bloatware and customize if you would like. that being said, you CAN theme stock frg22d if you are rooted, it is just harder to find good ones because most rooted phones are running custom ROMs, meaning that is where theme developers are spending most of their time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non