Downloading never stops!

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello,
I am having issues with my POP3 account.
I receive the emails, read them, delete them to the trash and when I choose to check for more messages my emails that I already deleted reappear in the inbox.

Called Verizon and they told me to take the check out of the box for leave on server.
Thats stupid!
I never unchecked that because I have my home PC hat I want my emails to download to.
Also my iPhone, Storm, P990i didn't have this issue.

Is there anything I might be missing?
Now I have triples of my emails in the trash folder and Ive tried to delete them out of the trash folder but they just get re-downloaded to the inbox!!!

One thing this has taught me is that I need a delete all app...
Checking off all my over 300 emails everyday is driving me nutz!

Anyone know of a app that will delete all?

Id be GRATEFUL for any help with th is.
Oh and I have already removed the POP3 account and recreated it with no change to my issue.

Thanks

Kaus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
What email service? The only service I had that issue with is yahoo on my droid and that's because the phone won't sync right with yahoo due to me not owning a yahoo plus account. The issue at hand is the droid isn't recognising the old emails as old... maybe set your sync longer?

Last edited:

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, that seems to be an intermittent problem for POP3 accounts. I asked the same question on this forum because I was having the same issue, although it's not a constant thing for me. A number of other users reported the same phenomenon, and said it had occurred with other OSs, such as WinMo, but never Blackberry.

One thing that seems to help, is to completely download the message, including any pictures, before deleting. I also am making a point of deleting messages from my PC more often so the inbox doesn't accumulate a lot of old emails.

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, that seems to be an intermittent problem for POP3 accounts. I asked the same question on this forum because I was having the same issue, although it's not a constant thing for me. A number of other users reported the same phenomenon, and said it had occurred with other OSs, such as WinMo, but never Blackberry.

One thing that seems to help, is to completely download the message, including any pictures, before deleting. I also am making a point of deleting messages from my PC more often so the inbox doesn't accumulate a lot of old emails.

Hmmm hate to delete my messages in case I need then in a remote location, but I will keep in mind to make sure I open the pictures or HTML before deleting to see if that helps.

When I spoke to Verizon and Moto they both acted as if I was the first and only to report this.
Goo to know that i'm not!
Thanks

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
In another forum someone directed me to download K9Mail.
Any feedback on this is it a good replacement for the default client?
I had installing so many replacements for what should work out of the box

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
In another forum someone directed me to download K9Mail.
Any feedback on this is it a good replacement for the default client?
I had installing so many replacements for what should work out of the box

Yes, it will help. I was experiencing the same problem with both a hotmail and a fastmail account and am now using K9 Mail. Keep in mind that when you first set it up K9 will also download what is in your e-mail inbox. The difference is that once you delete the unwanted e-mails from your K9 inbox, they will stay deleted. Give it a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante