Motorola Milestone - usable in America?

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that the Moto Milestone is GSM-based, which is great because I'm AT&T right now.

I have the iPhone at the moment, and I am find it EXTREMELY difficult to justify breaking off of the family plan I'm on and spending an extra $60-70 per month for the Droid.

That being said, since the Milestone is GSM-based, is it possible to import the phone from the UK and use it on AT&T, with 3G capabilities and all that?

Also the Milestone doesn't come with Google Maps apparently, but if it were ported over here to the US, would it get that?

I'm not to savvy on what happens when you ship phones around countries.

Thanks for any help!

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If you wanted to use a milestone in America you'd have to get one thats unlocked which would cost a pretty penny and as for 3G the Milestone lacks the frequencies required to use 3G on T-Mobile or AT&T in your case, which means you only get EDGE. I don't know about the google maps thing you should be able to download it.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Well yeah you can't expect much since its not really made for US GSM carriers same thing for the Blackberry Storm only uses EDGE on GSM networks in america.

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
If you wanted to use a milestone in America you'd have to get one thats unlocked which would cost a pretty penny and as for 3G the Milestone lacks the frequencies required to use 3G on T-Mobile or AT&T in your case, which means you only get EDGE. I don't know about the google maps thing you should be able to download it.

aren't european phones, by default, sold unlocked? i thought they were but i could be wrong.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Reading the specs at motor dev they list the us 3g frequency on the milestone their may be another version floating around

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084