Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Task Managers and Froyo

I purchased Advanced Task Manager a while ago when it was useful on previous (pre-Froyo) versions of Android. Since it no longer works the way it did before and doesn't automatically kill tasks, is it safe to have installed? I get that task killers are bad, but since they don't work anymore, and Adv Task Mgr has updated to reflect this, can I run it for its other properties? I like that it can show what apps go on my SD card without a separate app, and it shows my free RAM so I can kill tasks with the built-in app manager manually. Any thoughts? I've not seen anything on this subject, except do not install a task manager...period. I think that this is moot with the new versions of task managers.
    (Verizon) OG Droid > Droid RAZR > (T-Mobile) Galaxy S4 > Nexus 5

Task killer is a no no
    Nexus FTW
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It can't kill tasks anymore. At least not on Froyo. So I don't see why it is still a 'no no'.
    (Verizon) OG Droid > Droid RAZR > (T-Mobile) Galaxy S4 > Nexus 5
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Yes you can still use all the other features. I've been running(and not particularly using) a task manager since I got my droid and still have it installed even though I don't use it as a task manager.