Android OS and battery usage

shelnbay

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
My husband bought a used Droid from eBay a few weeks ago and it was running great until recently. His battery has been draining really fast and we can't figure out why. He doesn't have stuff that uses the GPS constantly, he's not refreshing Twitter or email all the time, and he has his display set at a low level. He never uses Bluetooth or wifi. His Android OS was using 46% of the battery most of the morning and he had barely touched it except to check the battery status! By noon, it was below 50% with very little use. In contrast, my D1 Android OS only used 6% with just a little heavier use in the same timeframe. Both phones were fully charged overnight and lightly used today and his drained really fast, mine didn't. Bad battery or something else? Any thoughts on apps or settings that could be causing that?

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Bad battery doesn't mean battery memory in all cases. I doubt it's battery memory with a Li ion battery since Li ion batteries aren't susceptible to it.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Obviously, first check to see what's running in the background. Settings/Running Settings...you should see a keyboard, maybe your battery monitor...and not much else. If there are sports widgets, weather widgets, etc. running, stop them. (They'll restart when you access the program...) Those are the usual suspects. Oh, and at home, use wifi instead of 3G, much more efficient and faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463