Droid Screen broken (not cracked)

matt91

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
My droid screen stopped functioning this morning after falling ~3 feet to the ground. The unit looks intact, but the screen doesn't work at all.

The phone still operates (well, it rings if I call it, and the new message LED still blinks when something comes in) so I know it's not battery related.

I've had the phone for just under 1 year. I think that I got it just before thanksgiving last year. I'm on Verizon Wireless and didn't elect to insure it.

Hoping that it's just a loose connection, I plan to follow the directions on YouTube called "Motorola Droid A855 Take Apart & Repair Directions" (sorry can't post a link) and see if I can re-seat one of the connectors.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to decide if I want to pay $$ to have it fixed, or just put that money towards a new phone.

Any thoughts before I get started? Or suggestions for what to do if I can't get the screen running?

thanks
matt

shelnbay

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
It has a 12 manufacturer warranty thru Motorola. Call or go to your Verizon store before you do anything. I had a faulty headphone jack and they sent me a refurb Droid at no cost. It works great, no problems with it at all.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

motodunner

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
What is going on...this just happened to my wives phone. She got home from work received a call and the screen would not light up.

matt91

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store over the weekend. The guy didn't even try to troubleshoot it, he just said "Ok, we'll order you a new one". I asked if he'd seen any issues like this before, but he said he hadn't.

Anyway, they send a reburb one to me in 48 hours. I have to send back the broken one within 10 days.

I've been running a 3rd party ROM, so i'd like to do a hard reset on the unit before sending it in. Since I can't see the screen to do anything, I'd need to use adb or something via USB.

This would be the right command(s) to reset my unit prior to return, right:

adb shell
su
format SYSTEM
format DATA
format CACHE​

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech