bipolar phone?

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
okay...so in my house my droid says i have 4 bars of 3G service...and as soon as i dial someones number and hit send the 3G symbol goes away and i drop to like somewhere between 0 and 2 bars depending on where i am in my house...someone help me please...i need to know if i have to go get a new phone

ptfd13

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
No problem, the 3G symbol goes away because you are using voice and can therefore not use data at the same time. I don't know about the signal strenght though so hopefully someone else can help you with that.

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I've had the same issue the past few weeks, actually since after the OTA update. I'll be at full bars, then they will drop to none, even dropping calls from time to time. Its been frustrating, I've tried doing the *228, option 2 thing, but still is doing it. I was at Verizon today but am thinking of going back tomorrow to swap it.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
I know that when i was at the mountain snowboarding last time, my phone was showing 3-4 bars and wouldnt even dial out. i recieved a call and it showed 4 bars then dropped the call just after answer. idk what to tell you except that post update im showing 2 less bars than pre update at my house.. tried 228 update too. but im not noticing a big issue with anything other than the lack of bars. i dont drop calls or have bad connections..

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Have you seen the dual signal strength meters on verizon standard type phones? There is signal strength for 1x, and 3g. The signal strength won't necessarily be the same for 1x, and 3g at the same time. When you dial a voice call, it uses 1x ONLY. This is normal for Verizon.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
well thats lame...if i want my phone to make a phone call then y dont thay have dual bars then? i believe i had this on my old LG Env b4 i knew what anything meant...lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey