Where can I download the latest update?

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
If this question is for real, the latest update for the Motorola Droid was OTA from Verizon. It updated "Froyo" to "Gingerbread". Since then, Android has updated to "Ice Cream Sandwich", "Jelly Bean" and currently "KitKat". The original Droid will not be officially updated past Gingerbread.

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
If this question is for real, the latest update for the Motorola Droid was OTA from Verizon. It updated "Froyo" to "Gingerbread". Since then, Android has updated to "Ice Cream Sandwich", "Jelly Bean" and currently "KitKat". The original Droid will not be officially updated past Gingerbread.

Yes this is for real. I bought this artifact for dirt cheap. It was on Froyo. I ignored updating it to the latest version of Froyo and just went straight to Cyanogenmod.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
My original Droid works like a charm, but I wanted a larger screen. It is still sitting in its dock, used as an mp3 player and alarm clock.

Thought you wanted just the latest update, which would be Gingerbread. I didn't realize you were rooted. I have Steel Droid ROM on there, as CM had issues with the actual "phone"... I couldn't answer calls, as screen would freeze when it would ring. Which version of Cyanogen are you running?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
My original Droid works like a charm, but I wanted a larger screen. It is still sitting in its dock, used as an mp3 player and alarm clock.

Thought you wanted just the latest update, which would be Gingerbread. I didn't realize you were rooted. I have Steel Droid ROM on there, as CM had issues with the actual "phone"... I couldn't answer calls, as screen would freeze when it would ring. Which version of Cyanogen are you running?

It's running CM 7.2. I tried to update it before rooting and flashing but it just didn't work so I just flashed CM on it.

EDIT: Actually do you have a link to download Steel Droid? It looks pretty good, except the download links on their website are dead.

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)

Last edited: