Droid owners feelings about possible "Google Phone."

stefanl

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Is it just me or does the proposition of this Google Phone (Nexus one) leave you feeling betrayed?

The Droid has basically just been released, recieved great support, mostly amazing reviews, and now Google is turning their backs on us? I know a lot of this is still rumored, but cmon Google, you've got a good thing going here, stick with it. Why would they want to compete against themselves and jeopardize alienating their developers?

Its not that I'm concerned that the N1 will steal the Droids thunder(more than it already has), its the fact that Google would want to introduce a phone touting to be THE Android experience on the heels of already delivering such a successful product as the Droids is.

What do my fellow Droid owners think? Feeling like the spotlight hasnt/wont last long enough? What is Google thinking? Death of Android so soon after things were really starting to take off? Betrayed?

ClickClack911

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
It'll be alright, imo. Not too concerned about the spotlight or anything like that.. I just know I'm loving the Droid thus far and can see it only getting better in the future (20K apps now?! movin up in the world!! andfast!!!!) N1 doesnt look like it'll be on Verizon anyway so I wouldn't get it anyway.... I'm sure N1 will be a bad mother, but I'll be fine w/ Droid for now.. always somethin newer n badder coming right around the corner...

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't feel betrayed. Its overhyped. Simply because someone decided to dub it the GOOGLE Phone and got the web in a roar when its not even that big a deal. Its a HTC device going to TMO. Wow...nothing about that scares me...

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It's a phone. I mean seriously, who really cares? I use it to send and receive texts and emails, make calls, surf web, get directions, etc. It's not a living being. Seriously, people getting torqued about the next great....whatever it may be..... really?

Kaus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Its hype and moreso a marketing campaign by google. Google wants to offer there phone allacarte I.e. upu buy the phone from them and take the service wherever you go. Naming it the google phone is abit missleading imo because its just 2.1 which we allready have early access to.

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
will be happy with my droid for a while. nexus one doesnt do anything more than the droid and the marketing campain will not even come close to how huge the droid marketing campain was and still is.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i bought the droid cause I love verizon and the phone is powerful and slick. I could have waited for the next big thing (or the supposed next best thing), but if you fall into that mindset well you might as well just keep waiting cause technology always improves, and you'll never end up with anything.

It seems these days that phones are being compared as prized possessions like a sweet ferrari or something. Don't get me wrong, I'm a gadget freak myself, but should we really use a smartphone as an ego boosting device? Me thinks not.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
No reason to worry the Droid will always be a great phone no matter what other phones come out. There will always be a new phone coming out and taking all the hype that's something you just have to accept.

tealturboser

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Why would I feel betrayed? Am I missing something? Is there going to be a discontinuation of support? How are they turning their backs on us?

ryobi43

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
The way they release phones now a days, you cant stress about things like this. They will keep pumping out phones quicker and quicker.

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Think of it this way. The more Android phones out there the better it will be for all of us. More upgrades, More apps.:)

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
No reason to worry the Droid will always be a great phone no matter what other phones come out. There will always be a new phone coming out and taking all the hype that's something you just have to accept.

Precisely how I feel. The Droid isn't going to change in performance, what it does, or looks because another device is out there. Everything I want in an Android Device the Droid does and more.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
betrayed is a pretty strong word, are you really emotionally tied to google to where you feel they can betray you by releasing more phones on their platform?

i'm happy they are releasing more phones, ESPECIALLY ones that don't use that pos ARM11 CPU. the more phones that are out there that have more power (like the droid, or the handful of snapdragon phones that are on the horizon) the better reason developers have to make apps that take advantage of them.

what i do want right now is 2.1, but that's just me and my impatience.

don't feel bad, it's a google dev phone that's being blown WAY out of proportion. i have serious doubts google will really ever get into the hardware business.

R

Roy Aguilera

Completely agree. Its a great phone. Good thing I am up for an Upgrade.
Think of it this way. The more Android phones out there the better it will be for all of us. More upgrades, More apps.:)

Couldnt have said it any better.
More apps:D

TuRtZiLLa

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I think your overthinking this... your gonna be okay, and your droid will be okay too!! New devices come out, bigger and better all the time!

ps. Google is not turning their backs on anyone, they are just finding new hardware to run their mobile OS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad