SSSSlllllllooooooowwwwww

rjbeck77

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed their phones running very slow lately? Is it just me? Facebook, getting back to home screen, loading the gallery, and more all seem very slow over the weekend.

Any ideas?

LHKJohn

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Quick question regarding rooting, is there a one-click option to rooting for the original Droid? Or is it still a bit of a pain?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have the Motorola Charm and it has been super slow. I pulled the battery a few times just to get the browser moving. Its a pain. :(

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
How much memory do you have left on the device?

Also, try clearing your browser cache, as well as the cache's on apps you've used a lot.

You don't have a task killer installed do you? And if you did have one, how often did you use it?

rjbeck77

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I'll clear the cache.

I had advance task killers but have removed it. I had it set up to kill every 30 minutes.

I have 121 mb of available space. My RAM is what seems to be low averages around 30-35.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Quick question regarding rooting, is there a one-click option to rooting for the original Droid? Or is it still a bit of a pain?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta

Super one click for droid. I used it and it is easy. Still figuring out the ins and outs of custom roms and kernels, but it seem cool so far.

MLG216

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Verizon guy told me I email/text too much.

Literally, that was his explanation as to why my phone doesn't hardly run, period.

MaceInThePlace

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I felt my droid was starting to get pretty slow also. I ended up rooting using Soup or Root (very easy) and over clocked to 800 mhz initially after rooting using setcpu from the market. Now I'm overclocked to 1.1 ghz, but that's a different story. @ 800 mhz I thought there was a huge improvment in performance.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Yes, my Droid has been super slow for a little while now. But I rooted with EasyRoot, installed CM6, and overclocked to 800. It's actually pretty awesome again. I am going to do a factory reset and install the latest CM ROM today.

It's weird but I've had the Droid since last November, and I've noticed that every so often the performance gets all sorts of bogged down. A little cleaning out, and resetting usually does the trick.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
For speed increases there are 2 options,

1) as stated earlier, root your device. There are many great things that can be done when you are rooted. If this is an option for you, head over the Droid Hacks section of the forum.

2) this is for the non-rooters. Go through your apps on your device and see exactly which ones you use/still need and then uninstall everything else. When you are done with that go into settings>applications>manage applications and then go through each app and clear the cache on most if not all of them. This should do the trick but you may have to repeat it every so often to keep it in check.

hope it helps. Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton