1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Java and JavaScript on Droid

If you are by a PC, please go to this National Weather Service (NWS) website to display a loop of radar reflectivity data...

Now go to this same address on your DROID and see if you can get the loop working. My Droid will not loop NWS data.

To display looping radar data from the NWS, you have to have both Java and JavaScript on your phone. I checked the settings for the browser on my Droid and I do have JavaScript enabled. But I don't see any mention that JAVA is also on the DROID.

When I had an LG DARE phone, I could loop this data, but not on my Droid.
    And the Droid is a huge step up from the LG DARE, but yet it cannot loop this data. Go figure!

QUESTIONS...

1) I'd like to know if anyone with a Droid can loop the data at the above link?

2) Is there any way I can get my DROID to use JAVA too so I can loop this data?

3) Does anyone know whether a future version of the Android OS will include JAVA on the DROID so I'll be able to loop this data?

4) And while I'm at it, one needs AXIS Media Control software on a phone to be able to view some traffic camera sites that show live video. When might one be able to install this software on a DROID so live video from these sites can be viewed?

Thanks for any responses.

Henry

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I am having the same problem using the link below:

I thought I would bump this to see if anyone knows why it is not working on the Droid.

Joe

Android does not support Java.

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

So when will it? And why is there a Java checkbox in one of the settings?

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Android does not support Java.
    Really! Why are all android apps Java based then?
    Do a little thinking and research next time.
    The droid will run java apps, just not in the web browser.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Anyone know if they plan on supporting Java in the browser in the future or if there is another browser that does support Java?

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

Quote Originally Posted by scubabuzz View Post
    Anyone know if they plan on supporting Java in the browser in the future or if there is another browser that does support Java?
    its in the works for all phone developers not just Android. Its supposed to be out sometime this year along with Flash 10 for Android. But who really knows for sure.