Screen stays on. Why?

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I've only had my droid for 3 days now. The last 2 days I've had an odd problem where the screen will come on randomly, then not go off at all. I've tried adjusting the screen blank timing, brightness (I leave it at 30%), etc, but it still won't go out unless I manually blank it with the button. If I do anything else on the phone, it stays on again unless manually blanked out. The only way to get it to behave correctly is to power cycle the phone (with the button, no battery pull, yay). Once I do that it works fine again for several hours.

I can't figure out what's causing this. None of the apps I have installed should be keeping the screen on from what I can tell.

Any ideas?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Mine has done the same every few days not sure why but something I just learned to live with. Hopefully 2.1 will have a fix for this bug.

cqq1jmg

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
My phone just started doing this too. I've tried checking the running services and i use advanced task killer but i can't figure out whats making it stay on. Anyone know a fix to this??

cqq1jmg

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Actually i went to settings -> sound and display -> screen timeout and set it back to 15 seconds. It somehow was on a minute (although it was staying on much longer than a minute.) That seemed to fix or reset whatever was broken for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463