Is there any way to set up different tones for SMS and email?

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't like that I just have a broad "notification tone" setting that covers both SMS and Email.

Can I set a separate tone for each of those?

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
There's an app called "Missed Call" that should do everything you need it to, including changing the LED colors, vibration patterns and so on.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
You set the default notification tone in the main phone settings. You can select individual notification tones in the email account settings or the messaging app or use the default tone.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Handcent SMS (free app) allows you to set a custom tone, LED notification color, & notification icon on the panel for each of your contacts (that is until you run out of options that are available).

SOLO#AC

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried changing the folders around and everything else. I can't seem to get anything to work in the "notifications" folder I made. In fact if it's not in the music folder it never comes up.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Make a folder at the root level of your SD card called Media. Inside that, make folders Notifications, Alarms, Ringtones. Inside those you may place your own MP3s for custom tones.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
if u did the update to 2.0.1 if u go into any of the apps that have notifications and go to settings there should be a section for notifications where u can change the sound for each app as u see fit. also... all ur ringtones should show up now in ur sounds list as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes