text message memory full??
03-18-2011 05:24 PM
- Hi guys. I searched the forums and found nothing for my ancient droid... I keep getting a text message memory full notification. Funny thing is I don't have more than 20-30 messages total. What's up with that?
I also get phone storage space low notification. I don't have too many apps and most are on the SD card. What gives?11-16-2010 03:32 PM
- That's strange. I never had that problem on my Droid. When did this start exactly? Was it after you updated your phone or did this happen a while after the last update?
One thing i would say to do (you are probably not going to like it haha) is a factory reset. By doing this you can start from a clean slate and see if the problem persists. If it does then I would bring it into Verizon and see what they can do to fix it.11-16-2010 04:16 PM
Wiping will certainly "fix" it but without knowing the cause you're likely to run into the same problem if you load/use an app that's causing the issue after wiping. "I don't have too many apps" doesn't really mean anything as apps can vary greatly in size. Again, you need to look into how storage is being used rather than relying on number of installed apps or number of text messages.11-17-2010 10:28 AM
- I figured this problem out after having it off and on. It is rather anoying mainly because it will pop up(at least on mine) when you still have plenty of room for texts, sometimes on mine when I have 20mb open space. All you can do is not use that last little space. even with open space, if the memory low message pops up, you cant receive texts, even if you delete all of your texts.11-18-2010 07:26 PM
- go to Applications>Manage Apps> then go thru each application to see which app is using the most cache, hit the clear cache for each one, or, you can download an APP called Quick App Cache Cleaner, it will sort from highest cache to lowest, then you can clean the cache from each, I usually get the notification when i'm less than 24megs free.11-19-2010 08:25 AM
- I figured this problem out after having it off and on. It is rather anoying mainly because it will pop up(at least on mine) when you still have plenty of room for texts, sometimes on mine when I have 20mb open space. All you can do is not use that last little space. even with open space, if the memory low message pops up, you cant receive texts, even if you delete all of your texts.01-31-2011 05:23 PM
- I've encountered this. I am using a custom ROM, but I've found that when I have less than 25MB free memory I start getting close to receiving these error/warning messages. Wiping the cache for some apps (Facebook is one that can fill up quickly) and moving apps to SD card can help. I try to keep my free memory in the 30 to 40 MB range and don't usually encounter this problem.02-26-2011 07:55 PM
- Had this problem frequently before rooting, now all is right with the world
One thing you could do is install an app called "app2sd"which not only lists the apps you can move to your sd card, but also lets you clear the cache of all of your apps with one click
Here's the linky
Sent from my OG Droid (Project Elite 5.0.2) using TapaTalk03-18-2011 05:24 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Motorola Droid
text message memory full??
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD