1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default text message memory full??

Hi guys. I searched the forums and found nothing for my ancient droid... I keep getting a text message memory full notification. Funny thing is I don't have more than 20-30 messages total. What's up with that?

I also get phone storage space low notification. I don't have too many apps and most are on the SD card. What gives?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

That's strange. I never had that problem on my Droid. When did this start exactly? Was it after you updated your phone or did this happen a while after the last update?

One thing i would say to do (you are probably not going to like it haha) is a factory reset. By doing this you can start from a clean slate and see if the problem persists. If it does then I would bring it into Verizon and see what they can do to fix it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Factory reset huh? So what happens to all my apps and stuff? I have all my pictures on my laptop so no worries there..
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

The paid ones will still be in your downloads section but you will hdave to search for the free ones

Quote Originally Posted by emdee81 View Post
    I also get phone storage space low notification. I don't have too many apps and most are on the SD card. What gives?
    You need to figure out what's using up your phone storage. Your text messages are also stored there. It's not just apps that use up that space but the cache and the data for those apps as well. There are apps to analyze storage usage but I don't have links or names off the top of my head.

Wiping will certainly "fix" it but without knowing the cause you're likely to run into the same problem if you load/use an app that's causing the issue after wiping. "I don't have too many apps" doesn't really mean anything as apps can vary greatly in size. Again, you need to look into how storage is being used rather than relying on number of installed apps or number of text messages.

I figured this problem out after having it off and on. It is rather anoying mainly because it will pop up(at least on mine) when you still have plenty of room for texts, sometimes on mine when I have 20mb open space. All you can do is not use that last little space. even with open space, if the memory low message pops up, you cant receive texts, even if you delete all of your texts.

go to Applications>Manage Apps> then go thru each application to see which app is using the most cache, hit the clear cache for each one, or, you can download an APP called Quick App Cache Cleaner, it will sort from highest cache to lowest, then you can clean the cache from each, I usually get the notification when i'm less than 24megs free.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorlink View Post
    I figured this problem out after having it off and on. It is rather anoying mainly because it will pop up(at least on mine) when you still have plenty of room for texts, sometimes on mine when I have 20mb open space. All you can do is not use that last little space. even with open space, if the memory low message pops up, you cant receive texts, even if you delete all of your texts.
    did you figure out a solution? i have this problem on my optimus as well and the stats say my phone storage has over 20MB free and my sd cards has 4 GB free. Even after restarting or resetting cache it doesn't always seem to fix it.

I get this problem on my OG Droid after I install an app that leaves me without a lot of space leftover. The worst is when I don't even get to read the texts I receive when there's low memory.

Default problem solution?

i have the same problem before and research some tips on how I can solve the problem. I suggest to re-format your phone or memory then see if it's now OK.
    more exciting games here : Taxi Games | Sport Games
    BPB

I've encountered this. I am using a custom ROM, but I've found that when I have less than 25MB free memory I start getting close to receiving these error/warning messages. Wiping the cache for some apps (Facebook is one that can fill up quickly) and moving apps to SD card can help. I try to keep my free memory in the 30 to 40 MB range and don't usually encounter this problem.

Using stock messaging app or something else?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

I've never encountered this problem...I keep my messages to 40 and 10 mms each thread. And delete all threads once I can scroll down a good ways.

Had this problem frequently before rooting, now all is right with the world

One thing you could do is install an app called "app2sd"which not only lists the apps you can move to your sd card, but also lets you clear the cache of all of your apps with one click

Here's the linky

Sent from my OG Droid (Project Elite 5.0.2) using TapaTalk