Whats the Real Deal with Beautiful Widgets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbayer

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok i have been reading about how HTC made us take it out of the marketplace, some of you had the app already and have it still, i myself, got my droid THE DAY IT WAS BANNED. And i almost bout the eris, just for the home screen appearance over the droid, but found i could get BW and be happy...so now it is gone, and a new version came out, and its gone now too...so what the heck?

Any help would be appreciated!

R

Roy Aguilera

There is a thread in the app section. It will be back its just getting reviewed by big brother.

clozer

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
You are right. It is gone. I'm glad I grabbed it last night. People were complaining about the update saying they didnt like the new look. I actually prefer it. Maybe the complaining is the reason for it being removed. It will probably be back in some form or another.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I thought it looked pretty dang good to be honest. The complaints are because it doesn't look like what they want. And what they want is the Sense widget. Not saying its right just stating the obvious I guess. Lol. I miss the old Beautiful Widgets myself.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
He had to take it down because of the man intervening about copyright issues. It's back up with a different look. I had it before this all occured and backed it up, so while the new look in my opinion is cool, i like the older one more and am sticking with that. Maybe try weather widget donate? I coudl be wrong but that may be skin-able to make it look closer to what you want. All that said, did you really buy the droid because it had this widget? I think you'll be content with the new look, it's not that bad, and the developer told me that he is working on adding skins, so someone will one day come up with a skin that looks exactly like you want.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The new version is a pretty good start. And it's bound to get better.

Just before he had to pull it the second time, somebody got him a copy of the font that 2.0.1 uses for the clock on their unlock screen.
So as soon as he gets it back online, I'm sure that one of the first updates will change the clock font, which means it will work even more seamlessly with the Droid.

Personally, I liked the beauty of the old widget better, but the full screen element is way better on the new one. It's actually full screen.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think the most important lesson learned from this thread is download Astro Manager (free in the market, or some alternative) and back up the applications you care about , or all of them for that matter, to your sdcard. That way, you can update to newer versions with no hestitation or fear that the later version will completely change like this or have bugs. Try it out! It's also great if you ever have to wipe your system, can get back to where you were with apps very quickly without having to remember what was installed.

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think the most important lesson learned from this thread is download Astro Manager (free in the market, or some alternative) and back up the applications you care about , or all of them for that matter, to your sdcard. That way, you can update to newer versions with no hestitation or fear that the later version will completely change like this or have bugs. Try it out! It's also great if you ever have to wipe your system, can get back to where you were with apps very quickly without having to remember what was installed.

What about the apps that are "Private"? I have two I can't backup because of this...

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Those are usually paid applications. Developers can set their apps to prevent them from getting taken off the actual phone, and thus keep them from getting pirated. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith