1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

Default Email sending same message over and over and over Yahoo mail..

I use the email app to check and send yahoo mail.

Today I logged into my yahoo mail account on my pc and went to my sent folder because I wanted to send info from an email I sent yesterday to someone else.

So I click into my sent folder and it shows I sent several emails yesterday, but it looks like it sent each email like 20 times or so.. So I wonder if the person on the receiving end got like 20 emails from me?

Anyone know a fix for this?

I had the same prob. Had over 180,000 emails in my sent from 1 month. Use the new yahoo to erase emails in groups of 25,000 if have a huge amount to delete.
    Droid 2.0.1

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

do you use the imap yahoo or pop3?

imap for me

do you have to have a pay account for pop3?
    Droid 2.0.1

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

both actually,i had the same issues because im not subscribed to plus.

I have a question, why is it that when syncing emails from Microsoft Outlook to Droid phone, very old emails are retrieved that was deleted a yr ago.
    Answers are greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

this has to do with the imap message id, android sends the imap message id surrounded with <> and yahoo mail can't see the message id when it is surround with <> it is a bug on both android and yahoo I suppose.

I have a similar problem with an open source exchange server called zimbra and that is what they have narrowed it down to.

kg.