Do you wish you would have waited for the Nexus 1?

Theodore55

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This happens all the time with electronics. I bought the Droid, which I am very happy with at the moment, and a few weeks later a new phone that does some things better comes out. According to the Gizmodo article, the N1 is considerably faster than the Droid, and has a much nicer screen. Any regrets on buying the Droid?

cdaiscool#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm not ashamed. I feel sorry for anyone buying into T-Mobile to use a phone that will only work like a phone 1/2 the time, actually.

Even if that phone came out in October, I'd have bought the Droid the day it came out.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
No, there will always be better technology coming out. It never stops so there really is no point. As soon as the Nexus One releases people will be saying the same thing...

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Let's try not to turn this thread into a carrier debate. There are plenty of those in the Carrier forum. Lets stick to the OP's question about the phone itself.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
With the speed difference, it's hard to tell how much of the difference is the processor, and how much is the operating system. To truly gauge how much of the increase is the processor, they'd have to wait for a Droid running 2.1. And I'm positive the results will be different. At the very least, the page load times will put the Droid ahead of the iPhone.

As for the screen, I'm not sure how this screen is the same resolution and size, but more beautiful. Brightness maybe? I guess it could be that it's just a different manufacturer or model.

Regardless, I'm not worried. I want the N1 to come out already so I can get my 2.1!

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
i personally am not a fan of the Nexus' lines. I've grown very fond of my droid and his hard edges. i was getting very tired of curves...everything looked so much like the iphone. so from that standpoint i would still have taken droid.

i don't think the hardware specs would have detoured me either, like everyone said - 2.1 is a big thing. i don't think the nexus is gonna leave the droid in the dust, and i think the screens look pretty comparable

droid ftw!

CyberRanch

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Another one will always be along

At first I did, though I've had my Droid less than a week because I waited until after the 2.01 update was rolled out.
As I think more on it, I hope 2.1 will make up some of the reported speed difference.
Also I never really liked my HTC Touch Pro, and that was hardware dislike in addition to hating windows mobile.
I can't wait until Android apps are as varied and polished as Palm apps were. I still can't even get a simple, but powerful and flexible database like SmartList yet.

d1pham

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
No, not really. I really like the aesthetics on the Droid more than the N1. Additionally, no one has commented on the battery life yet. The Droid is plenty fast on 2.0.1, so anything faster to me would not really matter.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
With the speed difference, it's hard to tell how much of the difference is the processor, and how much is the operating system. To truly gauge how much of the increase is the processor, they'd have to wait for a Droid running 2.1. And I'm positive the results will be different. At the very least, the page load times will put the Droid ahead of the iPhone.

As for the screen, I'm not sure how this screen is the same resolution and size, but more beautiful. Brightness maybe? I guess it could be that it's just a different manufacturer or model.

Regardless, I'm not worried. I want the N1 to come out already so I can get my 2.1!

It's because the N1 has an OLED screen and the Droid's is just plan LED.

It doesn't matter one bit to me that it's coming out because there's not even T-Mobile service around here let alone a T-Mobile store where I could buy it. It also doesn't have a keyboard which was why I got rid of my HTC Hero for the Droid in the first place.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
It's because the N1 has an OLED screen and the Droid's is just plan LED.

That'd do it. My brother has the Samsung Rogue and he loves flaunting that he has an OLED screen. However, mine is higher resolution. :p

I guess I'd have to set them side by side to know if the difference in screen qualities really bothers me, but for the time being, I'm still not worried. Second best is still better than last, especially next to some of the older phones out there. My iPod touch's screen looks SO GRAINY now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12