Do HOME REPLACEMENTS slow the phone down?

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I've heard a lot of great stories about people doing home replacements on their droids with great success.

However, I'm worried it'll slow the phone down the way Sense does with the Hero.

One of my favorite things about the Droid is how snappy it is-- so are there any home replacements that DON'T slow down the phone or cause a lag.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
you know i am worried about this too which is why i have kept my homescreen the way it came. last thing i need is a laggy interface.

R

Roy Aguilera

They will not delete you original home. Try them out and uninstall if they slow it down. Yet in my experience they don't.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have had a times where I get to many force closes using GDE but have very good luck with dxtop. Like DA said try em out if you don't like them or they slow down your phone just uninstall them.

RTaylor692

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I am using the Home ++ beta and I love it. Gives upto 7 screens and they are constantly updating to make it more functiona. Like the others, it has the occasional force close, but over all it is great.

korp#IM

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, I found the phone at least as fast with PandaHome but possibly a bit snappier, give it a try, if it slows it down, uninstall!
Seemed to me that Home++ was even faster than Panda. I like the setup for scrolling between screens on DxTop but it seems over time they are slow at times and may force close which is really annoying and do lag sometimes mainly when going back to the home screen from an applications screen.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yea I dont notice any slowdown. I was on DxTop and it was quick and now I'm on GDE and it's super fast. No noticeable slowdown in my experience.

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried DXTop and definitely noticed slowdown from unlock screen until it was ready to use. Also noticed more freezeups (three) in the first day of DXTop than I'd had in the prior three weeks of using the phone. UNINSTALLED!

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
dxtop is a laggy piece of software. It doesn't like going from landscape to portrait if you run widgets at all.

I'm currently running panda home and its pretty much the same as stock, and i really like the side docks.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i was using dx top and noticed some slowdown. just switched to home++ and it seems to be much faster. the only thing i am not as big a fan of is that the dock at the bottom isnt as customizable, but other than that i like it fine

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
I have used both OpenHome and PandaHome..... I can say that YES they do slow your phone down... But I believe most people will find that the advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages,..... You can always uninstall the apps...

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Launcher+. Nice find!
The key feature out of a home replacement is more screens to put widgets on. I think this will hold me over until 2.1.

Now it looks like I have a stock 2.0.1 phone with 5 home screens. Awesome.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded openhome, dxtop, home++ and pandahome in that order. Openhome didn't slow down my system noticibly, but I noticed the other ones did, and then even openhome was slow. I liked the features of Pandahome the best, so I deleted all of the other ones off my driod. Now Pandahome is snappy and really isn't noticibly slower. So my advice is only to have one home replacement on your device at a time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey