Unusual Problem

keepsakenw

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I did my usual software updates to my Droid last night and found four updates waiting. GDE and three other smaller updates of which I can't remember off the top of my head. When I got them all installed I went to put the phone to sleep but it wouldn't black out. Every time I push the power button now a few seconds later the home selection screen pops up. If I hold the power button on a long press the proper menu will put up with airplane mode silent mode and turn the device off. I have restarted the phone, pulled the battery, taken all of the updated programs off of the phone including GDE. The problem remains.

It's like the power button got re-mapped to activate the home selector menu. Do any of you remember any setting that could have been screwed up. I have been through all of the menu items I can think of and can't find where to re-map the power button.

It is very irritating to have to wait for the phone to cycle long enough to turn itself off.

Any solutions?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Off the top of my head the easiest solution is to perform a factory reset and start from scratch. It will fix your issue.

COBronco

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Suddenly last night mine started acting up as well. if it goes to sleep the lock screen doesnt come up when you hit power, just goes right to the home screen, and powers on with any of the had buttons. When I hold the Power button down, all I get is Turn Phone Off. Airplane and silent are all gone.

COBronco

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I even set up the lock pattern and thats not working. I cant press the home button from inside of an app, I have to hit back to get out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance