Ford Sync and Droid

Jubz

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Anyone pair up their Droid with a Ford Sync via Bluetooth?

How's the call quality, especially for the recipient on the other end?

Does the media volume mute/media pause with an incoming call?

TIA

Heyitsthatguy

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Anyone pair up their Droid with a Ford Sync via Bluetooth?

How's the call quality, especially for the recipient on the other end?

Does the media volume mute/media pause with an incoming call?

TIA

I've got a 2010 Fusion paired with the Droid. Works great (when pairing, you'll have to use the special pin 0000 instead of the one the Sync automatically gives you) and sounds great on calls. My family said they can't tell the difference between a normal call with the droid and one through the car's Sync system. When your playing music from the Droid, over bluetooth, I believe the audio pauses when a call is received and when the call ends, the audio resumes.

Ret.Lt-SA

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I am using the Droid with a 2008 Explorer and it works great. When you pair it you can use the pin the sync gives you but you have to be really fast or it times out. It took a couple of tries but I got it. Also, it would not transfer my contacts correctly, for some reason it only transfered a few entries. However, if you go to the SyncMyRide web site you can download a program that will let you transfer all your contacts via USB thumb drive. Takes a while to setup but worth it!

The media does mute when you receive a call, but I use a Zune for my MP3 playback :)

itzperch

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Got a lincoln MKZ 09.....i just throw a bunch of mp3s drag n drop onto my droid, and it plays them with no problem! If you have older sync models i guess there was an issue that a update took care of, speak to your local ford/linc/merc dealership about any TSBs

mercrapper

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to default to music or slacker (pandora) when it connects?

There's a free app called BlueLaunch you can use to automatically launch an app when a specific bluetooth device is connected.

Does anybody know if there is a way to do sms over bluetooth? To use the Sync texting feature...

ltnstarvet

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've got a 2010 Fusion paired with the Droid. Works great (when pairing, you'll have to use the special pin 0000 instead of the one the Sync automatically gives you) and sounds great on calls. My family said they can't tell the difference between a normal call with the droid and one through the car's Sync system. When your playing music from the Droid, over bluetooth, I believe the audio pauses when a call is received and when the call ends, the audio resumes.

I have a 2009 Flex and I can't get it to sync the Bluetooth with my new EVO 3d. What I am doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

iggygal

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a iphome 3gs and upgraded to Samsung Infuse. Everything seem to be going good until I notice that sync'ing (bluetooth) I was only able to pair phone, but not the music player. I had to switch over to bluetooth music. Than the phone stop working. This was done automaticly with the iphone.

jordo

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I had a Droid paired with my 2011 Fiesta and it worked awesome. I used Pandora, Audible, Google Listen all over bluetooth streaming. I did notice that when I used the streaming audio I had to kill the wifi or the audio would cut out occasionally for a few seconds. Phone worked just fine with making calls, syncing the contact lists, and reading the text messages over it as well. Every once in awhile I would notice it would pair up automatically, so I would just toggle bluetooth on the phone on/off and it'll usually pair up fine after that.

Just switched recently to a Bionic and it pairs up and works just as well as the Droid did. Overall very happy with the phone and the SYNC system in my car.

Dedonut

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2011 Lincoln MKZ and the Bionic and I've paired the phone, downloaded the contacts,but can't get it to play, via Bluetooth off my phone. Had it for a short while but the quality wasn't good. Deleted, reconnected, now no Bluetooth music from my phone. I've gone step-by-step for the Nav. manual, and checked all settings on the phone. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Since I'm already paired and working,m would the 00009 pairing make any difference? I did the standard pairing as displayed.

Had an iPhone previously and that worked like a charm.