Help with Bluetooth transfer of contacts please!!

mostendorf34

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I was finally due for an upgrade and got the droid!

I previously had a blackberry curve 8330 and backed up my contacts by bluetoothing them to my computer. They are on my comp as a phonebook.vcf file...i've been trying to transfer them over to my droid and can't figure it out and this is something that's rather important being that the only number i know by heart are my moms cell and my housephone haha

thanks in advance!

EDIT: added them to gmail contacts and it updated almost immediately :)

Last edited:

Ret.Lt-SA

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yes using Gmail is the best way. If you want to use Bluetooth you need to download an app from the market since this capability is not included. I use a program call Bluetooth File Transfer. Works very well. Not only sends your contacts but any other file as well including pics, etc.

threeravens

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Any other ideas for BT sync?

I am going from a Palm Treo 700wvx to the Droid. I just can't find any good way to get my contacts over. The BT File Transfer uses OBEX, which isn't supported on the Treo. Even if I had to do this via the usb cable, I would be happy...I just want to get my contacts sync'd over.

Note: The Treo has no network access, so transferring the contacts to google, or anywhere else for that matter is not an option, unless there is a way to get them to my computer or to the droid. Otherwise, so far, I am pretty impressed with it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC