Autocorrect and suggestions for hardware keyboard?

zylogz80#AC

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Hello all. I switched from iphone to a Motorola Droid. I like the physical keyboard because I don't lose screen real-estate when using it but I type much slower with it than a virtual keyboard. If I try to type as fast as I can with a virtual keyboard I make nasty errors on every word. My question is, can you get auto correcy and suggestions with the physicle keyboard? There's an option for it in settings but it doesn't seem to do anything. Simple mistakes the virtual keyboard would catch the physical keboard leaves wrong. So is this a bug? Is it supposed to autocorrect?

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Nope. As far as I know, the physical keyboard does not have the spelling check or any other of the nice features that the digital keyboards have. This might change in a later update though.

It does auto-add apostrophes to some words, and if you skip the last letter on words like were, it adds an apostrophe to the word to make it we're. But I'd still like that little word suggestion ribbon you get with the touch keyboard.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
TalkToMe Keyboard does it... I have yet to try it but... When I first downloaded the app(its paid) I sent the Dev an email asking if this could be addressed. The very next day, it was done!! Check it out, if you hate it then uninstall and get your money back.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Good call on the talktome keyboard, but I'm using swype like 90% of the time these days. Talktome would be great for the hardware keyboard and swype for the onscreens.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Lol well to expound on the subject of the physical keyboard's ability to auto correct. It appears that the HTC keyboard that has been ported over to the Droid has the inherent ability to magically add auto correct and spell check to the physical keyboard. However in my brief experience with it it seemed to force close alot when correcting. Sure do wish a dev could figure out what it is that makes the auto correct pop up and be able to port just that to the Droid lol.....eh...we all have dreams I guess lol.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon