android 2.1 leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
keep in mind this isn't an official 2.1 build, nor is it designed for the droid.

it is a custom rom made from the nexus one 2.1 rom and made to mostly work with the droid.

it's fairly stable, but do expect it so be somewhat buggy :)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if I'm just one of the lucky ones but I have had only minor problems; physical keyboard no lights, screen freezes where I can't select icons on home screen but can access app drawer fixes with task killer or restart this happens about 3 times a day. Everything else works as good or better then 2.01 but I have seen other people with more bugs and issues. My GPS works and having no problems with the market since the last updated which lets me use Pure Calendar Agenda: ).

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, it does run fairly decent for me too, but it is definitely less stable than running 2.0.1, that version never crashed on me.

make a backup first, then try it out if you want, that way you can always go back fairly easily and quickly

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Honestly i love the v4 leak of it , works great , they only time i have any probelms is if i am running an animated wallpaper , the every other other hour the phone will freez and crash , but if i am not running the animated wallpapers then it works perfectly ......

go for it , it ROCKs and is FAST and if your not running the animated wallpapers VERY STABEL

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
...they only time i have any probelms is if i am running an animated wallpaper , the every other other hour the phone will freez and crash , but if i am not running the animated wallpapers then it works perfectly...

Animated Wallpaper!? Is that a 2.1 Feature or an App?

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
And the most awesome part is apparently you can interact with them. In the Giz hands-on test, they said that with some wallpapers, like the water wallpaper, tapping on blank spaces on the home screens caused ripples to spread out.

!!!

brendanb

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I installed Android 2.1 onto my Droid and it's been quite stable. It definitely hangs when you use the live wallpapers but I think they're pretty lame looking anyway, except maybe for the Nexus one. It's definitely a lot flashier than 2.0.1, especially with the Gallery. I'm in love with it, haha.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i wonder what droid specific animated wallpaper we will get, i really hope it's not just the red eye flashing all the time. i want something more subtle.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why wouldn't you try it the rom is pretty stable I've been running it over a week and my phone has only crashed on me say once every 2 days maybe. It has its quirks but I like it more than the official Tom. Its faster app drawer looks better gallery is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.