Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Hook-Up to my computer

How do I get my Moto Droid to connect to my computer? I'm running Vista Home Premium. I'm trying to download pictures from my phone to my computer. Please help. Thanks

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you take your USB cable and plug it in between your computer and your Droid, a little USB icon should appear in the notification bar. Pull that bar down and select that notification. You should then get a menu to cancel or mount. Selecting mount will cause your SD card in your phone to appear as a USB flash drive on your computer, allowing you to browse files.

Good luck!

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by herki View Post
    When you take your USB cable and plug it in between your computer and your Droid, a little USB icon should appear in the notification bar. Pull that bar down and select that notification. You should then get a menu to cancel or mount. Selecting mount will cause your SD card in your phone to appear as a USB flash drive on your computer, allowing you to browse files.

Good luck!
    Yup ... unfortunately I can't find a way to get it to auto mount each time I connect but maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. :-(

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, I don't think there is a way to auto-mount it. At least without an app to do it.
    That's one of those features that seems to always be on the wish lists of users...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Something new!

I hope that if they do make it auto-mount that it is an option. I want to be able to plug in it to my computer for charging only.

Global Posts
    3,278 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    I hope that if they do make it auto-mount that it is an option. I want to be able to plug in it to my computer for charging only.
    this is why they will never make it auto-mount.