Phone no longer orientating...

aLackey9

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Droid won't orientate sideways (or show the larger on-screen keyboard) until I slide open the keyboard. Not sure when it started.

I have checked the "orientation settings," uninstalled last 4-5 apps, and cycled phone off/on.

Anyone have any ideas of what to try from here?

Thanks,
Amanda

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Is this doing this for all apps? If you have your messages open then turn your phone will it switch orientations?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The Droid only orientates one direction for most apps, which is when the micro-usb port is facing down.

It wont orientate any direction for the home screen unless the KB is open. It's not like the iPhone where it'll swap up/down, it only goes one direction.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My Droid would not orient properly in the browser yesterday. A quick power cycle fixed it. This is the first time I have had any problems with screen orientation.

aLackey9

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like few other ppl are having same prob.

No, no apps with anything to do with a keyboard.

Here is list of what I have installed on phone:

Advanced Task Killer
Amazon
Androlib Wallpaper
Backgrounds
Digital Clock Widget
Droid Light
Drunk Blocker
FML Widget
Google Sky Map
Mahjong
Market Suggest
Pkt Auctions eBay
Steamy Window
Where's My Droid
WikiMobile
Yellowbook
Zedge

Anything stand out as where my problem could stem from to anyone?

Thanks again!

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
My phone does this for the home screen. It will reorient when the keyboard slides open, but not with it closed.

I don't think the homescreen is supposed to orient sideways with the keyboard tucked in. I think it only orients with the keyboard out.

So in reference to the home screen, I think this is normal.

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't want to pick on Androlib wallpapers, but it caused my Droid to do some screwy things. I uninstalled it and everything has been fine since.

drewfuss

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I have had my phone get stuck in one position or another once the phone is put in the opposite position. Seems to be just a glitch, either it fixes its self or a battery pull will do the trick.

edenbug2005

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
RE

I hate that others are doing that, but I'm relieved too. Mine stopped and when I took it to the Verizon store the people at the front and the tech guy all argued with me saying that it never worked that way. At least I'm not crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech