Hotmail issues (sync, deleted email pop up, new mail false alarm etc.)

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
So I am a proud owner of a new Droid. I did setup/customization with my gmail account and everything works fine. Now, I tried to seup hotmail and all hell breaks loose. The first thing I noticed was that I would delete an email and it will be back with next sync cycle. Very frustrating indeed. I played with options and nothing helped. I deleted the account and reconfigured it. Now I started having sync issues. New emails would not show up at all!!

I called Verizon and the rep says "This phone does not support Hotmail. It only works with gmail". I was like Whhhhaaaaattttt!! Later she realized what she was saying and quickly gave me a number to call Motorola.

After I told the whole story, Motorola folks had me do a clear data on the app (not just a delete on account) and had me do a battery pull (kinda reminded me of a blackberry). After waiting 15 minutes I was told to enter the config settings again. Hotmail worked fine for next 30 minutes and boom now I have the false alarm bug. It tells me that I have new email when there is no new email.

Called Motorola again and she had me do a factory reset this time. Told me to wait 15 minutes and enter the email account settings again. I asked what if this also does not fix it? She said go to Verizon and change the phone.

Also, Mot says they have not heard of this hotmail issue with Droid and I am the only one having this issues. So folks if you are having this issue call them at 1 800 3316456 and let them know.

I know that I can stop using hotmail but it is 10+ year old account and it will take a long time to make the swap. I like Droid and would love to keep it if this hotmail thing can be fixed.

/Rant

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and I think others are as well. I believe it's due to the fact that Gmail is push and the email client (hotmail, yahoo, Live, etc) is pull. From my understanding push only pushes the email to your phone which means if you delete it off your phone it will stay in your main email account (meaning your hotmail inbox) where as pull when deleted is deleted out of your email account (such as your gmail inbox). I think this is where the problems start that when the email client resyncs it's pushing the same emails in the account to your phone though you have already read/deleted them. I received an email today 3 times that I had deleted 3 times. I finally had to use task killer to stop the email client and was no longer receiving alerts for the same email. Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon.

Unknown User

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone here know if there is a fix for this? I got 3 hotmail accts on my Motorola Droid and it does some of these issues. All of a sudden it will pull up old emails, it will indicate that i got new emails but all they are old emails I've already read or deleted emails that I got rid off. I've been putting up with it for a long time, but now it's starting to get annoying. Especially when I have to go thru and delete emails I've already deleted or read.

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem and it is annoying. If you delete it from the actual server,then it goes away. But then it resends all the other emails that you have not deleted....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy