Question for Droid day to day users

cruiz1022

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
first of all Hi to everyone!

I have had a Storm 2 since Oct 30 and am getting pretty tired of it and want to try something new... I went into the Verizon store today and played around with the Droid and the Droid Eris. And I know there are reviews online but I wanna get a day to day users Pros and Cons on this device and possibly the Eris too.

What are the pros and cons of the Droid and Eris. I know the moto droid has Android 2.0 and device gps plus the search is phone and internet (the VZW rep told me today). What else is good as a day to day user for both phones.

I use the phones mostly for ... facebook, texting, BBM( obviously not in droid but i basically want a nice texting phone with threaded sms) ... but the maps and youtube apps look really nice at least on the droid. Youtube on my BB Storm 2 is blahhh even with wifi on. I do know the browser is top notch for the Droid.

Coming from a iPhone 3g to storm 2... which phone would be best to get (Droid or Droid Eris)? I'm going to buy one off craigslist to activate with VZW.

maggiem

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I had a storm (bought around the same time as you..) and upgraded two weeks ago to the droid... I'd never ever look back :) Texting, chat and email is super easy. The facebook app is very easy to use and the ability to upload photos/video quickly and simply is much better than on the storm. I also love the virtual keyboard and the pull out keyboard much more than the storm keyboard.

cruiz1022

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I had a storm (bought around the same time as you..) and upgraded two weeks ago to the droid... I'd never ever look back :) Texting, chat and email is super easy. The facebook app is very easy to use and the ability to upload photos/video quickly and simply is much better than on the storm. I also love the virtual keyboard and the pull out keyboard much more than the storm keyboard.

I loved the fact that you swipe to the right and left and there you see the facebook and youtube apps or widgets. The facebook app for the storm 2 is horrendous, I'm getting the feeling that the storm 2 was sold as an "I'm sorry for the storm 1, here you go with what shoulda been " from RIM

cruiz1022

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
and I'm not bashing the Storm 2 at all, I love it... but its boring to me lol. no games... and i use opera mini as my web browser... but I do youtube videos all the time which i do miss the quality of the iphones.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
There's no need to keep bumping your thread. I'm not sure there's many of us that have owned or used both devices, and I think the final decision is going to be up to you based on personal preferences. PCWorld published an article a while back that covers the major differences between the two devices.

scbower

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
bb user for 4 years

The only things I miss are push email (but you get it with gmail and exchange) and BB messenger. However, to me those are big things. You have to choose for yourself.

The apps and customization for android (I use the moto droid) blow bb away. Imho

Good luck

nonie3234

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I am coming from the Storm, now I have the Eris. I am very happy! It's going to be all about what you prefer - take your time at the store test driving both devices.

Snipperdo17

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I use both, and I'd have to say the S2 shouldn't even use the facebook app it has. Its that bad, especially compared to the Droid, which I think has a very good fb app. Battery life is about the same in both for me. GPS is no doubt better in the Droid. Email is better on the BlackBerry. I also like the typing better on the S2. Other than that, the Droid is more fun to use.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I use my Droid to manage my business with 1300 customers. It is a workhorse phone and does everything that I need it to do quickly and efficiently. Best phone for my needs at this time.

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I had a Storm, bought a Droid and love it. There is no comparison. You will love the Droid.
I used both the Droid and the Eris at the VZW store. Though I prefer the look of the eris, the droid blew it away performance wise. Oh and the Droid youtube quality is unreal. When you switch it to HD it is simply amazing.

clozer

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I agree. There is no comparing the Droid to the Storm. I had the Storm 1 and it was a nightmare. I was worried I would have the same issues when coming to the Droid with it being new. I have not had any issues and I am totally satisfied. I use mine for business and fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed