Can i do this with my droid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin-Black#AC

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, my droid has been broken for sometime.. it wont charge because something on the inside of the phone broke ( its not the chargers because i have 3 different, and they all will charge my older brothers droid )
So i always charged my phone by taking my battery and putting it inside my older brothers phone while his charger the other battery.. but he moved out 2 days ago, and my phone is dead..

Can I go to my Verizon today and tell them i "lost" my droid and use my insurance to get another?
Im pretty sure when i rooted it, it voided my warranty. But even if it didn't i'd like to keep the phone, broken or not.. Im going up their with my mom and about 300$ so maybe she will help me out and get me a Droid X.. But if not, Can i just tell them i lost it and get a new one?

Tl;dr
Droid wont charge, want to go to verizon and use insurance to get a new one..
can I do and say i lost my droid? without them tracking or anything?

xesso

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that is insurance fraud and we can't talk about that here but why not just unroot it and bring it back

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Can I go to my Verizon today and tell them i "lost" my droid and use my insurance to get another?
I don't recommend posting intent to commit insurance fraud on a public forum. :rolleyes: Yeesh. Why is this a recurring theme on various forum sites? Fess up and take in your broken device.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This is illegal and as others have said is insurance fraud. Please don't post questions or information on anything of this sort.

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463