Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My phone lives in my pocket, with lots and lots of lint. No dust issues here.
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

this a problem with every HTC device ,i have owned several & every single one gets dust under the screen ..
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scabsk8s View Post
    this a problem with every HTC device ,i have owned several & every single one gets dust under the screen ..
    and dead/stuck pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miagi View Post
    Interesting as I always have my phone in my pocket and both my storm and droid never had dust under the screen, (knock on wood). If you mean the microphone hole then its very unlikely for the Droid to get dust under the screen this way since the microphone is on the physical keyboard part.
    I've also carried my storm in my pocket and thats where I put my droid now. I've never had a problem. If I did get dust under my screen I'd see about getting it exchanged since it would be defect with the phone and so should be something covered by the warranty. Dust shouldn't get under the screen period.
    DROID!!!

People have complained about the same exact problems with the iphone as well... Theres no fix for this.. it happens with its being manufactured I'm guessing.

Unhappy Dust

Please- don't put the Droid in your pockets....

LINT = Dust

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

No dust under the screen here either. If it bothers you enough, go to verizon and make a stink about it (a respectful stink, no need to be an *** unnecessarily), and they will most likely replace your phone. I did this with my curve when my screen came a little loose (no idea how), and they replaced it within 5 minutes.

Carry it in pocket daily. Not one issue.

I would probably be just like you guys if I had a "clean" job but be glad you aren't running a dairy farm. I am feeding hay and bedding cattle with straw everyday. I have a cover and I am continually blowing dust out of every dust catching part of the phone. I think the cover helps. I think I will just leave it in the office and check in to see what I missed. But two weeks and the screen still looks good. Not sure what I will do in the summer when I need it by my side, hope I can baby it better than my razor and the insurance works out if I have issues. You should see how much hay comes out of the battery cover after a month.

I have some dust under my screen... and I see the screws on the under side of the screen when you slide it open. I've been considering seeing if those can make the digitizer/glass thing come up so that I can clean it. But I don't want to ruin my phone, or make the dust problem worse.

Ive carried every phone in my pocket, even my storm 1. I'm a professional firefighter in a good sized city so I really test the phones in silly environments. Wherever I go they go. I had never had an issue with dust under the glass on any phones until my 1st droid. It started accumulating from the 1st week and just got progressively worse. I saw a bunch of posts on this and various other forums but none had a solution. I called up vzw directly, the rep looked around on his end and couldnt see a solution or even find any similiar issues. I pointed him in the direction of this and other droid forums. He posted a report to Motorola and sent me out a new unit.

I've had my new unit for over 2 weeks, and it still goes into my pocket, but this one has zero dust under the glass.

TLDL: If you have this issue dont 'just deal with it' or go to a VZW store, call them directly. I think its 611 from your phone. Tell them what the issue is and they'll notify Moto of the problem and send you a new one.

Default Re: how have you resolved the dust under screen

I have the same problem. Dust under my Samsung Galaxy Y Duos screen. I don't know what is the best thing to do how to prevent dust going under my phone screen.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12