Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default how have you resolved the dust under screen

I have started to notice a little bit of dust under my screen and was interested to see how you all have delt with the issue. Its not that big of a deal if its a sketchy fix. No need to f up my phone. But was curious as to the inventive ways it has been done.
    Thanks

haven't had this problem. do you put the phone in your pockets?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I haven't even run into that yet.

I had the same issue on my iPhone, but that was because the phone was over a year old and you could tell that one side of the screen was elevated and one was dipped (as if the entire screen had become tilted). So I just assumed that dust was getting up under the elevated screen.

..But my fix for that was buying the Droid =]

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAADB View Post
    haven't had this problem. do you put the phone in your pockets?
    Do you not?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibeker View Post
    Do you not?
    I think some people put it in a case and then put it in their pocket. Personally, I've just been putting it in my pocket bare.
    Roy Aguilera

No issue as I don't put my phone in my pockets.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
    I think some people put it in a case and then put it in their pocket. Personally, I've just been putting it in my pocket bare.
    Aah, me too. I find cases to be too clunky and make the phone too big.

For a second I was about to feel like I was extremely in the minority by putting the phone in my pocket.

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Im surprised to here about dusty screens this early.I have not had any issues yet.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

I've not had this problem but have seen others reporting it. Is your screen slightly loose?

I always put my phone in my pocket....not really a carry the phone on my hip kind of guy.
    Blackberry Curve ---> OG Droid ---> Samsung Fascinate ---> back to Droid--->Thunderbolt--->Galaxy S3

I've developed some dust under the screen over the 3 weeks that I've had the phone. There's nothing defective about it, everything seems tight with no gaps or warping. I do store it in my pocket but its not like it's snowing lint in there.

I'm going to call VZW tomorrow and see what they say. I'm not paying this $$$ and having something simple like dust under the top glass.

So far its the only complaint I have with the phone

Has anyone ever had any electronic device without dust under the screen because I never have. My iPod nano, classic, and touch all got dust under their screens, my previous flip phones have, my HTC Hero did, and now my Droid does but it's only noticeable under bright light. I don't think it's possible to avoid with anything unless you don't put it in your pocket ever.

I put the phone in my pocket any time I leave the house. Never had a dust problem. I have, however, always had it in a hardshell case with an adhesive screen protector over the screen. Mine's never really been near a lot of dust, though.
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

A screen protector doesn't cover anything that would allow dust in anyway. Its not the like the screen is made of porous material.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibeker View Post
    Do you not?
    nope - center console of car, desk, bed, dresser, etc. usually sitting out wherever i am.

I have a few spots on my screen protector.. but other then that nothing serious! I doubt Verizon will swipe out for a new one~ but it doesn't hurt to try...

I dont even know why this is on the front page. It isnt an issue
    Problem: Dust under screen
    Cause: Carrying phone in a lint trap
    Solution: Take proper care of your phone.

Get a case if you want to put it in your pocket.
    If you use your phone outside in the rain are you going to complain that it is getting wet?

You have to wonder if there is an organized conspiracy to get lint under device screens. I don't understand how this can happen. I've never had that problem and don't see how dust can travel under the screen. Certainly not on the Storm and not on Droid and not on any of my old dumbphones.
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Dust under screen

I haven't noticed any dust under my screen yet but hopefully im not speaking too soon. this had been the most solid hardware ive had on any verizon phone in the last two years so im thankful...

I stopped putting my phone in my pocket with the droid, and i'm dust free. My iPhone had major dust issues. Have you ever looked inside your pockets after they've been washed? Pull them inside out and you'll see an insane amount of lint that your phone would be resting and moving on all day, dust is bound to get inside somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
    I dont even know why this is on the front page. It isnt an issue
    Problem: Dust under screen
    Cause: Carrying phone in a lint trap
    Solution: Take proper care of your phone.

Get a case if you want to put it in your pocket.
    If you use your phone outside in the rain are you going to complain that it is getting wet?
    No, I wouldn't complain if it has dust on the outside of it either, you think they could have sealed the thing to keep it out from between the LCD panel and the glass though so people don't need to spring another $20-$30 bucks for a case to carry it in...

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

I have dust in two spots under my screen....lower left and upper right....and I ALWAYS carry the phone in the Verizon Holster. it's NEVER in my pocket. I am very careful with the phone and I'm extremely dissapointed that after 3 weeks of having the phone there is this much dust under the screen.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

I have one speck of dust under the glass and it's been there since the day I bought the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix2004 View Post
    You have to wonder if there is an organized conspiracy to get lint under device screens. I don't understand how this can happen. I've never had that problem and don't see how dust can travel under the screen. Certainly not on the Storm and not on Droid and not on any of my old dumbphones.
    Interestingly enough, it is very easy for me to understand. I took back my first BB Storm and my first Droid because of dust under the screen. My Storm was never in my pocket; however my Droid was. It typically enters through the microphone vent, which a screen cover does not cover.

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock and faulty

Interesting as I always have my phone in my pocket and both my storm and droid never had dust under the screen, (knock on wood). If you mean the microphone hole then its very unlikely for the Droid to get dust under the screen this way since the microphone is on the physical keyboard part.

I think he meant the earpiece vent which is cut through the glass.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast