Bought used droid on ebay, now what?

dandar

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I assume it doesn't have 2.2.1 on it, will it come automatically once I have it connected?

Is there a benefit to go with Cyanogen Mod 6.1 or Ultimate Droid 2.5 over stock 2.2.1?

My current Palm Pre works great OCed to 800MHZ, should it be fairly safe on the Droid?

I want to compare the two side by side and keep the one I like better, the loser is going on ebay :D

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I myself switched from the Pre to the D1. Took a bit go get used to not having full gesture control, but with a number of the roms out there, you can get those controls back. Battery life is 5000x better on the Droid.

Your Droid *should* pull in the most current update. If not, you can always push that over to the phone. If you're planning to root, then it doesn't matter. IMO, Cyanogen and UD are great roms. I chose to run a custom kernal for 6.1, but didn't see the need to do so using a UD rom.

800mhz is standard for D1's. Quite a few have clocked a good bit over that with no major issues.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there a benefit to go with Cyanogen Mod 6.1 or Ultimate Droid 2.5 over stock 2.2.1?
It's completely subjective preference. You'd need to determine what you prefer.

My current Palm Pre works great OCed to 800MHZ, should it be fairly safe on the Droid?
Overclocking is never a one-size-fits-all thing. Read up on binning and processor manufacture (why you can overclock). You'd need to determine what works for your specific processor. 800MHz is generally safe but YMMV.

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I have used both, I also got both of them off of Ebay. the palm pre is great, but i couldnt handle the battery life.... and i like the apps for the droid a lot more anyway. If you are going to root, id suggest using cyanogenmod, that is the best one ive tried. I have tried Bugless Beast, Ultimate Droid and Cyanogenmod and the battery life on my droid is great! I think that the phone is overclocked to 800mhz with cyanogen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non