To exchange or not to exchange.

Bond J#AC

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I just got a droid today and everything is perfect except this small speck of lint which is in the black strip running down the left side of the screen. I cant really see it unless looking for it. Should I return it? Or its a sign of future leakage of dust inside.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I don't think it's necessarily a sign of things to come, more like some dust made it's way in during the manufacturing process. If it's really perfect otherwise, and you can't find it unless you look really hard, maybe it's not worth stressing about. Having said that you are fully within your right to exchange it for 30-days.

Bond J#AC

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
It towards the inside. I mean as you move on from the actual screen towards the left - the black strip going down between the edge and the screen. Its there.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Oh, toothpick definitely won't help you there, lol. Maybe try another day and go to another worker there and see if they can see it? Dunno what else you could do, really.

Bond J#AC

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I guess I will just live with it. Its really hard to look for it and I dont really think they will swap it out for one small lint which you cant really see. If it gets worse I am definitely getting a replacement.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I know how you feel. I notice the smallest specks on my phones. It drives my kids crazy. I like my phoned to look perfect at all times. Impossible I know.

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Well, it bothers you enough that you posted here. So that means you are not totally satisfied with the product. You should return it. VZW gives you 30 days to do so. If they wont exchange it, simply get a refund and purchase another. You should not have to settle for anything when spending hard earned money on a high end phone, no matter how small the detail or how insignificant it may seem to others. You as the consumer, are entitled to be satisfied with the product and that's why VZW offers the 30 day return policy. Go get yourself another Droid and enjoy it. It's a fantastic piece of technology. Good luck. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I would think if the phone still functions as engineered you just deal with it. I doubt anyones phone will be "perfect" or "mint" after they have used it for a few months. I plan on using this phone up and getting a different one when I am eligible as I always have.