battery drain when device is off?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I turned my droid off last night with a next to full battery. When I turned it on this mornin the battery was in the yellow are...so does the battery really drain when the device is off? Or did I just find a rare occurance?

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it will, unless you've actually powered down, which is probably not what he/she meant. In the Tips section, I've noted that I tracked down the drain. It's the email service running in the background. So if you've turned off wifi, bluetooth, phone service, basically gone airplane mode, then go to your power settings and turn off email. Now, your email will still work and turn itself back on when it's needed. But shutting that off has allowed me to go a couple days between charges with light use.

bluz

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it will, unless you've actually powered down, which is probably not what he/she meant. In the Tips section, I've noted that I tracked down the drain. It's the email service running in the background. So if you've turned off wifi, bluetooth, phone service, basically gone airplane mode, then go to your power settings and turn off email. Now, your email will still work and turn itself back on when it's needed. But shutting that off has allowed me to go a couple days between charges with light use.

yep,this seems to be the case.