Dropping your Droid for the Nexus One?

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
So I'm just wondering will anyone be selling their Droid for the Nexus One when it's released on Verizon. Since I read some many things about people having problems with a laggy Droid, and hate the keyboard? The new Nexus is going to be way lighter too... hmm I'm in love with my droid without a doubt but i look forward to the cool features to come from this newest google phone.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
So I'm just wondering will anyone be selling their Droid for the Nexus One when it's released on Verizon. Since I read some many things about people having problems with a laggy Droid, and hate the keyboard? The new Nexus is going to be way lighter too... hmm I'm in love with my droid without a doubt but i look forward to the cool features to come from this newest google phone.

I like what I see, but I don't trust HTC after having been a customer of theirs the past few years. They always seem to have a handful of really annoying bugs in every phone they release, and plenty of hardware issues. I guess I'll be keeping my eyes on the forums to see how the T-Mobile release goes before I make any final judgements.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I like what I see, but I don't trust HTC after having been a customer of theirs the past few years. They always seem to have a handful of really annoying bugs in every phone they release, and plenty of hardware issues. I guess I'll be keeping my eyes on the forums to see how the T-Mobile release goes before I make any final [judgments].

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly what I'll do too.

Plus I won't ditch my droid but rather give it to my wife.

*** Edit: if the Nexus one doesn't include AVRCP or unable to connect to a MAC, I will not be getting one. ***

Last edited:

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Nothing wrong with my Droid. I like the keyboard option. (Really nice for emulators). I am not really interested in the N1. I just hope Google doesn't bail on the Droid.

Bones_6

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I played with the N1 on christmasy day (Uncle from google came, I was happy!), and aside from the slightly bigger screen, and faster processor, it reminded me of my dad's Droid Eris.
I don't see myself dropping the Moto Droid for the N1, maybe the N2 when/if that ever comes out, especially if it has a keyboard. I'm not ready to give up on keyboards yet, especially when I just came from a BlackBerry.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Nothing wrong with my Droid. I like the keyboard option. (Really nice for emulators). I am not really interested in the N1. I just hope Google doesn't bail on the Droid.

They won't especially since they're partnered up with Verizon, launched that huge ad campaign, and they even have a link on the page to purchase the N1 going straight to the Droid's site.

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I?m sticking w/ droid, not like I have $$ to throw around. I do hope we get all the flash awesomeness and Android OS updates. If not, yeah... that would suck. C?mon Verizon and Google I committed to you for two years and can?t get out with a cancellation fee... there should be a cancellation fee if they quit on the users over the next best thing. Heh!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i might, it would have been a 100% yes if the n1 had sense on it, but i might just because of it being thinner and lighter.

my only real qualms about it are the amoled screen in sunlight.

but being the gadget addict i am, i'll probably get it just because i'll want something new in a few months...

my sister has been eyeing my droid since i got it, so i might give it to her as a belated x-mas present of sorts...

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
as long as the droid keeps getting new os updates and gets flash and the like, i will stick with my droid. if not, ill use my yearly available upgrade and buy something new.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Droid for 5 days now and really like it. Still getting used to the keyboard but no complaints. Previously had a Pre, traded it in for a Hero for 3 weeks until I could move to Verizon. I had no problems with the Hero, in fact the reception on it was better than the Pre inside my house.
Nope, I'll be sticking with the Droid.

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I didn't see much in the N1 that would make me switch. We're getting 2.1, and soon, and beyond the fact that the N1 is skinny, I don't think there's much difference between the two. Adobe will without a doubt make Flash available for all mobile platforms in short order, and since the N1 is essentially going to run the same apps as the Droid, I really don't see the advantage of switching.

My wife is thicker than the new models, too -- but even though I look, I'm not going to switch...

hydrogenman#AC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Several reasons I'll stick with my droid for some time

1) The Nexus One isn't rooted (as stated before, the root developed for the prerelease devices won't work on the ones being sold now). It may take some time to root it.

2) Even if it's rooted soon with T-Mobile, it will undoubtedly be different to root the CDMA version of the Verizon Nexus when it comes out, making even more of a delay.

3) I'm perfectly happy with the Droid. I like the design better than the nexus. I'm also content with the processing/graphics power of the Droid and there seems to be quite the active community at AllDroid for development.

4) Not ready to give up a physical keyboard, even though it's a crappy one it's better than none. Nothing annoys me more than typing a message and only being able to see the damn keyboard and not the screen.

5) Anything extra released for the Nexus feature wise will be ported to the droid in a matter of days anyways.

MisterEich

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
If the N1 is a world phone like the Storm 2, the Droid is toast.

The biggest thing keeping me totally content with my Droid is the physical keyboard. I know some people hate it, but its a life saver for me and all the e-mailing I do everyday.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I will be getting the Nexus One the day it comes out for Verizon. The Droid is a sweet phone, but I HATE the physical keyboard.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't plan on ditching my Droid, but I do plan on adding the Nexus One to the stable. :)

+1

The Nexus One is REALLY nice! I know someone who works for Google and has one. Everything is soo much smoother on it. Not just faster but its smoother. My friend was showing me a Youtube video on it and I had to ask if it was a movie saved on his phone. The interface is really nice and clean as well. If the Droid gets the 2.1 update and looks as polished and smooth as the N1 I would be less likely to get it but I wont hold my breath.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234