100% confirmed - Flash and 2.1 coming to Moto Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Motorola just announced at CES both Flash and Android 2.1 will be coming to the Droid with no exact dates mentioned. They also chimed in about the next maintenance update coming soon.

Anyone want to take bets on the release dates? :)

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Motorola just announced at CES both Flash and Android 2.1 will be coming to the Droid with no exact dates mentioned. They also chimed in about the next maintenance update coming soon.

Anyone want to take bets on the release dates? :)
This weekend maybe? Or realistically, how about the 15th. Being CES is the 7-10 of this month, I give it about a week's time... so I say the 15th.

R

Roy Aguilera

Sounds like a win, win situation.

Last edited:

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
it will be before the release of the verizon nexus one. why would they wait that long? i say late january, early february maybe

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm kind of doubting it will be within a week, but hopefully it will come on that rumored 22nd update.

i'm also hoping verizon is going to follow suit with vodaphone and have the nexus one in weeks instead of months...

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
so they announced both a maintenance update and android 2.1? if that's the case does that mean that we are not getting 2.1, but rather a maintenance update in the meantime?

R

Roy Aguilera

i'm kind of doubting it will be within a week, but hopefully it will come on that rumored 22nd update.

i'm also hoping verizon is going to follow suit with vodaphone and have the nexus one in weeks instead of months...

I agree. Hope it drops on the 22nd.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
so they announced both a maintenance update and android 2.1? if that's the case does that mean that we are not getting 2.1, but rather a maintenance update in the meantime?

I'm with you. If 2.1 were coming in two weeks, they wouldn't bother with a maintenance update next week. It wouldn't make sense to push out and work on an update that would only last a week. It sounded like they had a bit of work to do before Flash 10.1 was good to go, and they'll probably hold 2.1 until then.

As sad as it sounds, I think we're going to have to wait a bit before we get all that 3D goodness...

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait for flash!

It won't be all that useful for me, per se, but it would just be effing cool!

I mean, imagine going to Yahoo Movies to go watch a trailer! I wonder if it'll be as efficient as the demo video of Flash running on the Pre. I mean, the Pre is slower than molasses, and it seems to run perfectly, so we Droid owners should be fine, in theory.

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I still don't think the Nexus one is better. I really think they are pretty much the same phone. One has a trackball, the other has a keyboard and a D-pad. Keyboard and D pad are a WIN for emulators. Trackball is..ehhh...they should have went with a Track PAD! That would have been sexy. But yeah, if Nexus is better, it's not by much and also not enough to make me want to trade in my droid after having it for 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36