DROID slow to recognize calls/numbers?

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
My Droid is pretty snappy for the most part. The only time it really lags is when I get a phone call.

Sometimes, I'll know the phone is ringing because I feel the vibrating, but then the screen goes black for about 2-3 seconds before I can pick up the phone call.

Other times, it'll show a number on the caller ID (say 555-555-5555) and the display will just show 555-555-5555 before realizing about 3 seconds later that this number is in my phone book and replacing the number with the name of the contact.

Similarly, a lot of times, a person's name will pull up, but their picture will only show up after 2-3 rings.

Is anyone having this problem as well? Anything I can do to speed it up/help it along?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
How did you anger the Droid? What did you do to your baby?

No, seriously... mine does that every once in a while as well. You know, coming from blackberry, I'm just sort of conditioned to expect random crap and delays and unexplainable things. However, I need to start thinking like a Droid owner and question why anything unexpected happens. so, with that in mind... good question. Answer: ummm... I dunno.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I've seen it too. I have over 80 apps and all home screens are fully in force, widgets everywhere, so I am definitely giving the droids processor a run for its money. For the most part it handles extremely well, but I've noticed on some incoming calls it lags a bit sometimes. A few times I couldn't even get the phone to answer the call, cause the swipe to pick up was lagging, but this was really rare. Overall, doesn't happen that often so for now I'm not too worried.

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar problem when, after a bit of a messed up sync, I had duplicates of a lot of contacts. It wasn't all of them, so I didn't realize it at first, but after a while I discovered the duplications. Since I've cleaned up my contacts it has been quicker.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
yeah.. ive had the same problem.. and then a couple of times it wont answer the call. instead of a slide i wish it was a click. the slide takes to long maybe thats why it doesn't always work.

slowhatch

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
its the android developers way of conditioning your mind... how many phone numbers do you actually remember? It gives you a flash of the phone number before the name so you'll learn it lol

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same issue , the phone will ring and virbate , and i will look at my phone , and its my home screen , no way to answer the call , then after about 3 second , the phone call screen comes up and then i can answer