The application XXX Has stopped unexpectedly

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I have my Droid set up with my Gmail account and my work email. When i open the email from my work it comes up with the error "the application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.) It happens about 5 seconds after opening the email box.

I also was receiving a very similar with an IM Client i uninstall it was something like Nimbuzz. I tried IM+ and also receiving the same type of error with that too.

I have tried pulling the battery. Also installed ATK and killed everything that i didn't need running and still having the same problems.

Please help, just got the Droid today and its making me mad.

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Battery pulls do nothing that powering off then back on doesn't do. In fact battery pulls can hurt the phone more than help. THIS IS NOT A BLACKBERRY!

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Thx for the info on the battery. Is there any reason for the errors and how are they fixed? I am getting to the point of wiping the Droid since I got it yesterday but would like to know how to fix it in the future. Would suck to have to wipe it after a few months of use.

Kaus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Clear your email data cache... settings>applications>filter>running apps>clear data

Reenter email and you'll be good... typically happens with attachments and is a active issue attached at the android code.google.com website.

JPIV83

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi i have a motorola atrix 2...i rooted it...and now my market, internet serch, and a few other things are crashing.....

the message is (the application market (xxx) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.

ive reformatted the phone and its completley restored to factory settings. And it still does the same thing..

Ive looked everywhere for answers and cant find anything....

someone please help...lol

Doris Clay

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
My nexus one (original) kept having this problem recently. I am not using it as a phone, just as a wifi device. I just deleted a few apps (because it was showing a low memory signal, as nexus ones have a tiny bit of on board storage) and now my apps work! So one reason for this problem is lack of memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan