Combining Exchange and Google calendar

dg417

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I asked this within another thread but did not get a clear answer so I thought I'd create a thread as this is an important feature to me. I should be getting my Droid this week but I need to understand how the calendar handles Exchange and google calendars.

I currently have an Exchange calendar that I use for work and a google calendar that I use for my business. My current phone combines these 2 calendars into one view. If I have to see what I am doing at a certain time I just open my calendar app and it will show me any appointments from both calendars.

I was told that the Droid has 2 separate calendar apps, one for Exch and one for other calendars. Does this mean that if I want to see if I am free at a certain time I would have to check 2 different apps? If so, is there an ap that combines the 2 calendars into 1?

Sorry if this has been covered already. I have searched and did not find a specific answer.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
You are correct that there are two separate calendars on the Droid. One for exchange and one for gmail. The only way I can think of to combine both would be if there is a way to sync your gmail calendar with your exchange. If that's possible. Maybe someone else knows of a better way. Good luck.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If you have your exchange account set up in outlook on a PC, you can use google calendar sync to combine it with your gmail calendar. Then you can just look at the main calendar app on the phone and see both.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I was told that the Droid has 2 separate calendar apps, one for Exch and one for other calendars. Does this mean that if I want to see if I am free at a certain time I would have to check 2 different apps? If so, is there an ap that combines the 2 calendars into 1?

That is correct, and no I don't think there is an app for that. At least I couldn't find one.

dg417

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies they are helpful. Could I synch 2 different gmail calendars into the same calendar app? If so, I guess I could create another Gmail account and synch my Outlook to it.

I don't want my google appointments to show up on my corporate Exchange calendar.

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
There is a google utility that can be used to sync only one way from outlook to gmail or vice versa or both ways, you can set it up to do either and you can control how often it syncs. Just google gmail calendar outlook sync.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech