504 Gateway Time-out

504 Gateway Time-out

nginx
Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    N/A - Not Rooted.

Default Droid's Screen Will Not Turn On??

Hey Y'all -

My Motorola Droid 1 just decided to stop working on me. The screen will not turn on (the back light and such). Everything else on the phone is working just fine. The LED light in the top right, the keyboard lights, everything seems to be fine except the screen.

Is there any fix for this that I can do without having to go the Verizon store? Better yet, am I liable to get stuck filing a claim with the insurance that covers my phone and having to wait for a new one?

Any input would be great.

Thanks yall.

Mine does that once every blue moon and that resolves it until the next time. When it happens the first thing I do is plug it into a power source. That wakes it up and resolves the issue about half of the time. If that does not work I do a battery pull and reboot. That works when the first solution does not.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Mine did this as well for a bit. Main issue was when I was on a call and took the phone away from my ear the screen would not turn back on. I could not get it back on using any buttons or touching the screen. Only plugging the phone in turned the screen on.

To clear up the issue I performed a wipe of the phone taking it back to its factory state. Since then the issue has gone away and the phone is running very smooth

Quote Originally Posted by GAlex067 View Post
    Is there any fix for this that I can do without having to go the Verizon store?
    Depends on the cause in your specific case.
    Quote Originally Posted by GAlex067 View Post
    Better yet, am I liable to get stuck filing a claim with the insurance that covers my phone and having to wait for a new one?
    ...and that depends on whether or not it's determined to be a warranty or insurance issue.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

GAlex067, I had the same issue(except my screen wouldn't turn on at all) and took it back to the Verizon store and they replaced it(with another broken phone) without an insurance claim. I'm on my 4th replacement and I'm hoping that I either get a phone that works or Verizon let's me upgrade without a contract change.