Soft Touch Peeling Off

JLG1985

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing the Soft Touch peeling off the back of their DROID? On the bottom of a DROID are two beveled edges that act the feet would on a Storm 9530. Like table top feet I guess.

I've seen others post about heavy scuffing and scratching due to various cases but I haven't seen anyone mention this - if this is a repeat post I apologize in advance!

Verizon shipped me out a new one and boy, oh, boy was I lucky to. It was the 30th day of the 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee! Otherwise I would've been stuck with a refurbished DROID :( or worse, :eek: keeping a DROID with the Soft Touch peeling off.

Lastly, I'm due to receive it Wednesday or Thursday, will it ship with the 2.1 update?

Sorry for the rambling but THANK YOU in advance!

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Wow, 2.0 even! I thought they'd at least have the 2.01 on it.

I Thank You!

Well you have to figure Verizon probably still has Droids that were manufactured before the update came out, and they aren't powered on until the rep/customer turns them on to be updated.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
No peeling for me and I use the Sena pouch... I would just be careful with the cheaper cases they seem to be the ones that destroy your phone.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Sena Elega here, and no peeling. (knock on wood) I could see where it could happen if the phone saw repeated friction on spots with that coating though. I'm actually running a techskin on the back of mine to make it easier to case and decase. So most of my soft touch is covered anyway.

JLG1985

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Wow, thank you al for replying! I'm getting my new one on Wednesday. What's funny is I bought the case Verizon sells on their Accessories page and I never take it out.

Before I became disabled the company I worked for actually invented Soft-Touch and I actually was the original "tester" for it so I presonally know this is totally out of character for this coating.

It happeded to battery door to (but I had to PAY for my replacement battery door) but you can replace the battery door not the area with the beveled "table top" edges.

Thank you for all the information.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I haven't been using a case at all and I have no peeling. Though I did look at the corners and play around with them and think that they had the capacity to peel like that. Hope it doesn't happen to mine.

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a Sena case because I've only heard good things about it, but at the same time I kinda think I don't need one because I baby my phone.. lol

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Told ya.;)

If you baby it, show it some love and wrap it with a Sena cover.

lol - yea.. Sena is pure quality..

knowing myself I'll probably eventually give in and order it.. but I'm kinda waiting to see if I don't sell the Droid for the Nexus One when it comes to VZW..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress