Notification Colors

xucardsfan08

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to change the notification color for incoming e-mails, gmail chat, and texts? I used Handcent SMS and that allowed text changes but I don't use that program anymore.
Any ideas?

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The application "Missed Call" allows you to customize the LED color for some applications. I don't think it supports emails or google talk, but I know it does texts. Check it out.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
It is good at changing colors. I had it for a bit, but I ultimately uninstalled. The LED is just too tiny for me so different colors didn't really help with that. Now if it had an option to supercharge the light so it was brighter, that might be something I'd be interested.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
agreed ^^^

missed call works. but, either I'm gettin' old or these lights are getting smaller. I hate to keep doing the whole blackberry comparison thing... but, that was a frickin' lght. This thing is a joke of a light.

tonyloke

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
if you get handcent sms you can change the color of the LED and the icon for every person (limited to 6 colors) but its pretty cool....

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, it works great for texts. Hopefully they'll add gmaila and google chat in an update soon.

The standard gmail client already blinks the led green .. right? The MissedCall dev says they can't implement email notifications because gmail doesn't send an event for that.

I use MissedCall for calendar notifications and missed/incoming calls. I use HandCent for SMS notifications but MissedCall can do basically the same for that. I really like the vibration pattern you can set because the default vibrate is waaay too long.

Yellow - Calendar event
Purple - Incoming call / Missed call
Green - Email (gmail)
Blue - SMS (handcent)

All different and distinct .. love it!

Last edited:

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that all my notifications prompt a green light (except low battery, thats red of course) except Meebo IM. Whenever I get an instant message it flashes purple, by default.