D-Pad, anyone use it?

How often do you use the D-Pad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Personally, for the first 2 weeks that I had my Droid, I never even noticed the D-Pad. I knew it was there, but I just didn't pay attention. Recently though, I've found that when viewing in landscape, it's actually useful. I don't have to reach all the way up to the screen to scroll, etc. And when selecting a specific place in text (say correcting a typo in an email) it's easier to get exactly where you want using the D-Pad.

Anyone else use it?

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I use it for the same reasons. It's just more accurate when trying to place the cursor and also when trying to select a specific link when there's a lot of close together links on the browser.

droid 8172

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Since reading this thread, I thought i'd give it a try. I really like the option to use it. It makes it a lot easier to fix typos after you proofread a message or to bounce aroun a web page.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Depends on what you're doing. For some webpages, it's the only way to scroll without opening something! For spreadsheets, it's the only way to navigate cells.

So when you need it, you need it. There's no other way to navigate. Please don't suggest dumping it.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't think of dumping it. All Android devices have some kind of physical navigation right? Trackball, D-pad, awkward touch pad facing the wrong direction (Backflip). How does the D-Pad compare to trackball navigation (Hero, Eris, G1, etc). I used to have a BBerry and I loved the trackball, but that was sans touch screen.

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I use it for emulators and gaming. Using SNesoid and others, it acts just like a real SNES / GENESIS controller in upside-down mode (so the D-pad is on the left). I am glad its there! I would perfer a track-PAD so I could have more room on the keyboard.