1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Infused 1.5

Default How to set custom ringtone as notification?

I created a custom ringtone on Ringdroid and saved a copy in the ringtones folder of my SD card-- yet I'm unable to select it as the notification ringtone...

I can set it as the Phone ringtone, but somehow the notification ringtone list is short and only has the ones that came with the phone...

Global Posts
    783 Global Posts

make a subdirectory for notifications. So, on your SD card, it would be media/notifications. Put the tone into the notifications folder.

If you want custom alarm tones, create an alarm folder also..
    Matt
    --------------------
    Current Phone:Motorola Droid

Thanks for the info... But after you have it set, how do you make the tone play after the 1st initial message?....

Quote Originally Posted by ali.fazal View Post
    I created a custom ringtone on Ringdroid and saved a copy in the ringtones folder of my SD card-- yet I'm unable to select it as the notification ringtone...

I can set it as the Phone ringtone, but somehow the notification ringtone list is short and only has the ones that came with the phone...
    In ringdroid you need to make sure you select "notification" as the type when you save it. Also, it should be a short clip, only a couple secs long.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

In the notifications folder that you created change the file name from whatever (I.E. .mp3) to .ogg and it'll show as an alert tone but will not show in ringtones.

*EDIT* Just an FYI .ogg is the file extension for alert tones on the Droid if no one understood. I tend to not clarify.