Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default software update

hey guys, i just looked over at my droid, and got a THERE IS NEW SOFTWARE TO INSTALL OTA message....

so i clicked install now.

i was already up to date on the December patch, but this is brand new-anyone else get this? what exactly does it do.

my build number is now ESD56-which i think is the same as it was before

Kernel is

2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7eob
    android-build@apa26 #511

anyone know what this update does?

ROM
    Stock

Checked for it, but it says my system is up to date.

Huh...that's odd. I didn't get an ota update.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by johnolesen View Post
    my build number is now ESD56-which i think is the same as it was before

Kernel is

2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7eob
    android-build@apa26 #511
    Check your firmware version under the about phone section: what does it say there?

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

That's the kernel my phone is running, and the same build number, and it's still on 2.0.1. No new updates since December here..

what the heck where's my update

Mine says up to date...I thought this was the december patch.

Quote Originally Posted by gdjsnyder View Post
    Check your firmware version under the about phone section: what does it say there?
    Agreed. OP, check what your firmware is at.

nada here too, and agreed, OP what's your firmware ver?
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

It's not 2.1....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    It's not 2.1....
    Agh, oh well. Just a worthless update then. I'm kinda bummed, all the devs that were all frantically working on Droid jumped ship for Nexus One. Over at Alldroid there is practically nothing happening. I was hoping this update might get us the hookup.

Ahh well. Droid still pwnz. 2.1 is some more voice features and the 'ol lady powdering her nose to look nicer :P
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ardoreal View Post
    Agh, oh well. Just a worthless update then. I'm kinda bummed, all the devs that were all frantically working on Droid jumped ship for Nexus One. Over at Alldroid there is practically nothing happening. I was hoping this update might get us the hookup.

Ahh well. Droid still pwnz. 2.1 is some more voice features and the 'ol lady powdering her nose to look nicer :P
    Keep in mind I'm simply going by no other mention anywhere on the internet about 2.1 starting to push. But I'm 99% sure it's not 2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    Keep in mind I'm simply going by no other mention anywhere on the internet about 2.1 starting to push. But I'm 99% sure it's not 2.1.
    Time will tell. I've scoured several other forums and surely someone else would have had an OTA notification. Last time the news was spread like a wildfire within a short period of time.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

And for what it's worth I've been hearing the roll out start on the 22nd to 5,000 people, then 20,000 on the 23rd, and on the 24th the rest... I think this date has been mentioned on this forum already but me hearing myself makes me feel better.

Starting to see some info elsewhere.

I'm starting to think there is a maintenance update rolling out. This very well could be the start of our Jan 22nd update.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Huh. So this is a patch-in update of 2.0.1 to people who got the wrong update back in December? Crazy. I guess we need to all be on the same page for 2.1.
    I think build ESD56 is the right one? Does anybody have a version of 2.0.1 that isn't ESD56?

This is why. Like stated on the Droid Forums.

Ta Da!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnious View Post
    This is why. Like stated on the Droid Forums.

Ta Da!
    Bingo, there it is.

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock and faulty

I cant believe 2.1 and live wallpapers are only a week away, this would have taken a year for a BB.
    Banned

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miagi View Post
    I cant believe 2.1 and live wallpapers are only a week away, this would have taken a year for a BB.
    Uh no its not.

it isnt? how do u know?
    Roy Aguilera

This is the update for the 22nd.

Ouch really?
    Banned

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gonzoguy24 View Post
    it isnt? how do u know?
    Because if 2.1 were to come out the 22nd (or the 18th or the previous predicted dates from sources on the internet) it would be announced by motorola like they said they would on their twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ardoreal View Post

just an fyi, the devs at alldroid have definitely not at all jumped ship. There are 5 or 6 custom roms available over there and daily releases of modified and leaked stuff.
    Last edited by dagostin; 01-18-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast