Music Dropouts

kmp14

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
When playing music on my droid with regular headphones or hooked up to amplified speakers, there are frequent dropouts. The dropouts are NOT bad headphones, dirty headphone jack, etc. It is definitely resource (memory/CPU) related. I can make it happen on demand by playing music and then tapping the backlight button on the "Power Control" widget. Why that one makes it happen, I dont know, but it does. I dont have much luck with video either (audio drift, even on you tube videos). Maybe mine is defective? Anyone else having this issue?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I notice this as well. I wouldn't call it a "drop out" but rather a slight pause or studder from time to time. This is most definitely memory/CPU/Interrupt driven IMO. I'm sure in future updates this will get better.

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I have had this happening too. Its once in a while but it will happen a few times in a row before it stops. I haven't experience the audio drift with videos though.

I notice this as well. I wouldn't call it a "drop out" but rather a slight pause or studder from time to time. This is most definitely memory/CPU/Interrupt driven IMO. I'm sure in future updates this will get better.

I understand what your saying too, but what the OP is talking about is a complete stoppage of music in general.

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I was having bad stuttering and stopping when my microsd card was bad, that was only playing music local to the phone though. I do get the occasional drop here and there still, mainly when using bluetooth for audio.

slowhatch

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
when an incoming text or email comes in and ur running output through the headphone jack sometimes you dont get that text message sound but u get an interrupt in playback in the form of silence. that is the pause you guys are probably hearing.

pwrmetal

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
when an incoming text or email comes in and ur running output through the headphone jack sometimes you dont get that text message sound but u get an interrupt in playback in the form of silence. that is the pause you guys are probably hearing.

That is definitely NOT it in my case. No texts or calls coming in (I don't get notifications for emails). Sometimes there are slight stutters in music playback. This happens almost any time I listen to music for more than a few minutes. Again, it's not a huge deal, but it definitely happens with my Droid.