Speakerphone Mutes mic?

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I have recently been having a very annoying issue with the Droid and wanted to find out if anyone else has had such an issue. Whenever I put it on speakerphone, the call is muted-- the person I'm calling cannot hear me. This has happened multiple times. Recalling them does not fix the problem, and I have not found any other action to fix it (adjusting volumes, toggling the mute button, etc...) that fixes the problem. I actually have to reboot the phone to fix the problem. When I take it off speaker phone, the person can hear me again. I don't use speaker phone too much, but when I do-- I'd like it to fricken work.

I almost suspect FoxyRing may help cause the problem (adjusting system volumes too much or some weird glitch in it), so I've disabled that for now to see if the problem goes away.

Have you seen this? Do people use the speaker phone enough to notice this problem? Do you have any suggestions for things to try?

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
you are not the only one. I use my speaker phone constantly and had this happen today actually. I don't have the app you mentioned.

great. I haven't used the speakerphone recently, so I can't say if that app (which dynamically adjusts the ringer/notification volume based on the ambient noise in the room) is the cause.

FearLES

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem

I have the same problem.

I initiate a phone call - start talking... and all works well.

Click on SPEAKERPHONE - and I can hear the person clearly, but they can't hear me at all. It is like the phone is on MUTE.

I tried re-booting the phone, same issue. I would like to avoid a factory reset - or returning the phone.

I don't have the same application ... but I do have multiple apps loaded on the phone.

Airic44

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I just had the same problem and it is wildly pissing me off. For such a "smartphone" this is a very stupid problem to have. Anyone come up with any solutions yet?

thecarninja

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to revive a dead thread but has there been any fix for this other than a battery pull, which only sometimes works? I've done searches, can't seem to find the answer.

Thanks.

md1032alex

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just started having this problem. This was just 1 of the many problems that drove me to install a leeked froyo rom on my epic. It fixed many problems but not this one. it is a new problem. My phone just started doing this a week ago. Does anyone have any idea what this can be? I really need my speaker phone. If no one can answer this I might leave a voicemail on the android central podcast.

BirukTabor

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
On Samsung S4 the cause seems to be Call -> Menu -> Setting -> Noise reduction (Suppress background noise during calls). Disable that and then you won't have mic issues on speakerphone.

To make sure your mic itself is not defective, just record for a minute or so and play it back. This should work regardless of the on call noise reduction setting since that feature is only active during calls.

Cheers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech