Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Seperate volume for SMS/MMS and Ringer???

Did a bit of searching and nothing really answered my question. One of the profile feature I liked on the BB was the way you could set the volume for different things. I would like to have my sms/mms/email at a very low volume, but I would like to have the ringer at max volume. Is there an app that will allow me to do this?? Or does anyone know of a very loud ringer so that when I set my volume to maybe 1 click above vibrate it will still be loud.

Quote Originally Posted by racermech View Post
    Did a bit of searching and nothing really answered my question. One of the profile feature I liked on the BB was the way you could set the volume for different things. I would like to have my sms/mms/email at a very low volume, but I would like to have the ringer at max volume. Is there an app that will allow me to do this?? Or does anyone know of a very loud ringer so that when I set my volume to maybe 1 click above vibrate it will still be loud.
    Generally you can set them individually by hitting the volume button on the side of the phone when selecting the alert or ringtone.. but to make things easier download Sound Manager from the market.

if you go into settings / sound and display / ringer volume

there is a checkbox for use income call volume for notifications.

uncheck it and you can set a seperate volume for notifications (sms/mms/email) and ringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    if you go into settings / sound and display / ringer volume

there is a checkbox for use income call volume for notifications.

uncheck it and you can set a seperate volume for notifications (sms/mms/email) and ringer.
    sweeet.. didn't kow that

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.2.2 GS4

I didn't know that either. Thanks for the tip!
    "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy
    -Lao Tzu

Great tip!
    Since 2008: HTC Wing>Sidekick 3>Sidekick Slide>Sidekick LX 2009>Palm Pre>Blackberry Curve 8330>Motorola Droid>HTC Thunderbolt>Razr Maxx>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Great head's up. Was unaware of that (duh? on me).
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    http://squintzy.mybrute.com

no problemo. i like sifting through all the settings on things...

I always just tend to learn more by just playing with the phone than any other method
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Great tip!!! Thanks for that, no app needed!!

If you need even more control, there is a free app called "Sound Manager" that I like to use.